Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 7:52 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Have any of you tried using the PVC pipe rail trailer and storage system for the TI? I saw a thread with pics using that system for the Pro Angler. It looks like it would distribute weight along the hull more evenly than the bunks. Here's a link to the thread:

http://www.hobiecat.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=35121

The brand new TI I just received has some marks and very slight hull deformation where it was obviously stored on a trailex trailer with the Hobie bunks.

I've got a pair of bunks I'm planning to install on my trailer, but wondered if this might be a better system.

I re-posted over to the AI forum. Didn't realize when I first posted it was going to the Fishing forum.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 11:50 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I use this stlye of trailer for my Outback, but found that I like the 6" PVC better than the 4". Been using it for roughly 6 months now and leave it on the bunks right side up during storage as well (just not strapped), Havent had any indentions on the bottom as of yet.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:00 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The TI's hull bottom, unlike the AI's, is mostly flat. My trailer's surface is mostly plywood with carpet covering it and holds the just TI fine. My storage rack for my TI, is flat, but with 2 dowels cut in half, sized and spaced for the grooves in the TI's bottom. Anything that doesn't touch a lot of area on the bottom will most likely oil-can it over time. Also, the TI is much heavier than the other Hobie's.