Post subject: 2013 Pro Angler14
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 6:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

When will the 2013 Pro Angler14`s come out? Trying to decide if i should wait
or buy now.

Post subject: Re: 2013 Pro Angler14
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2012 7:38 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I may do the same I'm planing to get an Angler 14 also and may wait until the 2013 come's in too so if you find out let me know.
Thanks

2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14 (Dune)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:15 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I think it's around September when new year models come out, but I would wait for a Hobie representitive to answer that

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:24 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Historically it's September but if the new model has the new vantage seat and flush hatch I wouldn't expect to see them until next march. In fact if be surprised if hobie does the upgrade this year. Creating two new molds and testing two new boats in the same year is a ton of work.

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:49 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

2013 models start shipping usually in Aug / Sept - keep an eye out :)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 12:20 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I don't suppose you could comment on whether or not we'll be seeing the vantage seating, flush twist and stow front hatch and the transducer mount on the 2013 Jacques?

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 1:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Jbernier wrote:
2013 models start shipping usually in Aug / Sept - keep an eye out :)

Thanks for the info. Can you tell us about any changes? ( goodies ) :wink:

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 3:57 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sorry everyone - you know that we don't comment on future products or changes to existing models - as a policy, sorry again.

I would say this - the current offerings are all awesome products - why wait - get out on the water - you have the entire summer to enjoy your Hobie kayak. If you keep waiting for the next best product to arrive you'll always be waiting. You can be sure of one thing - every year we will introduce some new products...and we make improvements to current models as we go each year as well.

The Pro Angler is a special product, and the customers are special too, we appreciate your loyal business, but I just can't answer your question, well I can't answer and keep my job anyway.
:)

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 9:13 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jbernier wrote:
Sorry everyone - you know that we don't comment on future products or changes to existing models - as a policy, sorry again.

I would say this - the current offerings are all awesome products - why wait - get out on the water - you have the entire summer to enjoy your Hobie kayak. If you keep waiting for the next best product to arrive you'll always be waiting. You can be sure of one thing - every year we will introduce some new products...and we make improvements to current models as we go each year as well.

The Pro Angler is a special product, and the customers are special too, we appreciate your loyal business, but I just can't answer your question, well I can't answer and keep my job anyway.

Nicely put Jacques! :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:56 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jbernier wrote:
but I just can't answer your question, well I can't answer and keep my job anyway.:)

If you decide to change jobs clue us in. OK "wink wink" HaHaHa

Just kidding,,,, You have a great company to work for and I know you have no intentions of changing jobs, but......................

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:24 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have a 2012 and will be getting the new 14 when it comes out. The great thing about these boats is they hold their resale value. Get one now and fish out of it until the end of summer and upgrade later. I don't think I'll even sell my 14' model when the new ones come out. I'll keep it for a back up or for guided trips.

Last edited by n2bassfishing on Wed Aug 01, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 6:30 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Yeah I will do the same I'm planing to get an Pro Angler 14 and when down to the Pro Angler Dealer yesterday and took a look at both the 12 & 14 and will have to wait and see if they make the changes to the 14, and if so I will get it September!l if not I will wait a little longer :cry:

2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14 (Dune)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:17 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Jbernier wrote:

Sorry if this question is in the wrong area. For the 2013 PA 14, is it August of 2012 for the announcement? I live in Nashville TN so I can not find a place to test or physically see a Mirage drive. The dealer 1/2 mile from me has outdated website and will not have one in stock but will order one for me. I have a trailer for the tandem kayak so weight is not an issue for me. I really need the PA14 because I always take a dog or person along.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:03 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

They have pictures of the 2013 PA 14 on the Hobie website. It has the Vantage seat and the new flush center tackle storage. It doesn't say that it has the Lowrance Ready transducer mount, but I'd be really surprised if it doesn't.

http://www.hobiecat.com/kayaks/mirage/pro-angler/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:18 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The new 2013 updated PA 14's should start shipping out this month - so expect by Sept, that most dealers should be able to get theirs.