Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Posting PA Pics
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:00 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hi everyone...The question has once again come up about how to post pics on this forum. I've spent the last 3 years gradually, as needed, accessorizing my PA. 8) Now it has everything I could think to add to make it perfect for my fishing needs, day or night. Many add-ons, yet still clean and functional. Not cluttered or too busy. I would like to share what I've done with everyone by posting some pics but I don't know how. Can anyone help? :oops:

Post subject: Re: Posting PA Pics
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:04 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Upload your photos to Photo Bucket, once their uploaded...... Below tem will be 4 codes..... Copy the Img code and paste it into your post here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 11:20 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm not on Facebook so it would appear that I can't use Photo Bucket :? Do you know of another way?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 12:37 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Don't have to be on Facebook to use photobucket

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:31 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

OK...First try at posting some Pics

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:06 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Very nice rig. About how much does she weigh loaded out?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 5:10 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice setup, glad you got those pix uploaded!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I like the umbrella and thought about that set up. I would be afraid the wind would trash it.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:13 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks everyone...Weight wise, everything combined minus the motor, battery, anchor and cooler weighs less than 7 lbs. The motor is 18-20 lbs...The battery 65lbs...The anchor about 3.5 lbs and the 55 qt. cooler weight varies depending on how much ice, beer, bottled water, food, etc...I haven't had any problems with weight. I just don't load everything until the PA is already in the water. It takes a little while to load and secure everything, but I made sure that everything is quick release when I initially thought out where everything was going to go. If I rush, I can have the PA completely loaded or unloaded in 5 minutes. I've timed it :P

The umbrella was a last minute addition that worked out well. It is a beach umbrella I purchased for $10.00 at Home Depot that weighs less than 2 lbs, has a 2 part 1" dia. shaft and opens to 7'6". I clamped it to the back of my seat and don't set it up until I've anchored or gotten to where I plan to fish. I don't use it when its too windy because it would either blow away or act like a sail ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:31 am 
Site Rank - Captain

What are is the clip behind the seat on the right side where the paddle clip installed? And what's the gizmo out the front of the boat?
Cool setup!

Old Outback - SOLD

It's called "Fishing" for a reason...Otherwise, it would be called "Catching"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:44 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice!

Not familiar with your motor mount/setup. Looks like a commercial setup (vs. homemade). What is it? Can you provide more detail picks?

Thx.

Bob

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:22 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Jfnall wrote:
What are is the clip behind the seat on the right side where the paddle clip installed? And what's the gizmo out the front of the boat?
Cool setup!

The clip on the right side of my seat is a basic metal pad eye (just like the one Hobie put on the PA between the rudder cover and rear storage compartment)that I installed on both sides of the seat to be used for leash attachments and for the umbrella pole so if a strong gust of wind comes along, I won't lose the umbrella.

The gizmo out front is my anchor guide/holder that I made from a fishing rod holder. Two main reasons for me designing this...1) I don't like the anchor trolly system (many reasons)...2) I wanted the anchor secured to the PA and not taking up deck space, yet easily deployed or retrieved. The system works great. It is positioned far enough forward to not obstruct opening the forward hatch or interfere with the h-bar. Plus, because the holder fits into a Scotty mount, the holder can be installed or removed quickly. To keep the anchor secured tightly both when stowed and deployed, I added a small cam cleat on the side board (same type as the one that holds the rudder in the "stowed" position). I also added a small micro cheek block to the side board to keep the anchor line from rubbing the H-bar mount.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:03 am 
Site Rank - Captain

TroutNoDoubt wrote:
Nice!

Not familiar with your motor mount/setup. Looks like a commercial setup (vs. homemade). What is it? Can you provide more detail picks?

Thx.

Bob

Thanks for the compliment...The Transom mount is home-made. It took me awhile to think of a design, and then to build it. It also cost a little bit for the materials. (Hard Wood, wood finish & sealer, SS hardware, etc...) Originally, I designed it so the transon would be light weight, could be used as the rear handle, not be against/across the deck to avoid catching water that might splash across the aft section, and to be cosmetically appealing. Later I decided to get longer bolts and reinstall the rear handle to have use of both. The transom works with or without the rear PA handle. Also with this setup, I can use various motor mount configurations. My motor's mount (taper lock) extends out far enough where the shaft doesn't touch the rear handle. The newer lever mounts have the motor shaft closer to the transom, but with my transom setup, it would still work because I can remove the rear handle and use the transom as a rear handle. Anyway...The transom is a prototype. Originally, I wasn't sure if it would be strong enough. My goal was to test the design and then have an aluminum transom made using the wood transom as a template, but now...Having used it a few times in rough weather conditions, it has proven itself worthy. And wood looks better than aluminum I believe, but...It may not last as long as aluminum. So far though, it has stood the test of a season being stored uncovered outside in the sun, rain, heat and humidity.

Why do you want more detailed pics? Are you considering trying to build one yourself? You're not the type that would take someone else's design, reproduce it, and then sell it for profit are you? :|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:20 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

"Why do you want more detailed pics? Are you considering trying to build one yourself? You're not the type that would take someone else's design, reproduce it, and then sell it for profit are you? :|"

Just kidding Bob :wink: I posted my pics for everyone, and my transom design is not some top secret design that I'm worried about anyone stealing...I designed it on my computer and have enough info to get a patent on it if I ever decided to, or to prove it was my design if anyone did steal it. But the transom wasn't an easy build. If you have the skill to take my pics and reproduce the transom for your PA, feel free. I don't have a problem with that.

Anyway...Yes...I have more detailed pics...