Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:50 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 8:35 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Has anyone adapted Hobie saddles to a Rack and Roll trailer for Pro Angler transport?

Best option to use on this brand trailer? I am unhappy with Shark saddles and rollers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 9:03 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Think your going to find that most saddles/rollers don't fit that well on a PA. There are couple threads where people have used 6" PVC pipe mounted on their trailers. I had the saddles and rollers on my trailer which carried my Outback. They worked great. However, found that my PA slipped around a bunch and that lots of pressure was being put on specified sections of the bottom. Ended up going to a version of the two PVC pipes. Also easier to load.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

pretty sure he was talking about the saddles that hobie makes that are specifically for the PA. I have a continental trailer and just used 2" PVC bunks for mine - they're spaced 10" apart but if I had to do it over again I'd probabyl space them 10 1/2" or 11" apart.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:39 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I used aluminum tubing wrapped in foam on my RackandRoll trailer. It is a little high, but I plan to mount a basket below and will adjust height after. I have no experience with the Hobie cradle system on the Yakima round bars, but my PA12 sits fine on the my bars.

Yakima Photo Album
https://picasaweb.google.com/107455074516515535950/July162012?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCNinlImTz975ygE&feat=directlink

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day."
-Author Unknown

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:58 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks for the information on the rack 'n roll trailer. Appreciate all the input. I will have to look at tubes covered with foam. Looks like an interesting idea.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:13 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just wondering if you have made any other modifications to your Rack and Roll. I have 2 12' PAs so I am looking to make some modifications using some type of tube system as I store them on the R&R during the non fishing months. Your system looks interesting so wanted a bit more info. How long are your tubes? Thanks
Pyro

In every country and every age, the priest have been hostile to Liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to Liberty.
Thomas Jefferson

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 4:40 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

I use 2" PVC U-bolted directly to the 78" bars on my Rack and Roll and space them 11" apart for my PA 14 and 9.5" for our Adventure. It is a breeze to load and unload at the edge of the water. If you use PVC, be sure to smooth out all of the edges so they don't gouge the boat.

I'm looking to add some sort of vertical storage between the two; such as a storage box, supported by two vertical bars, that will hold the Mirage Drives and other gear.

I would love to see what others have done with their Rack and Rolls.