Good points there Chris.
I finished making the second ladder haka. It's a bit narrower and lighter- just on 4kg. I was able to try a first on water test of setting them up as a camping platform. This video gives some idea of the process (which can be improved!
I anchored in about 2' of water and was very pleased with the way the Cooper anchor held in the sand against wind and current.
I managed to set the bivvy up pretty easy. The hardest part was threading the cross over hoops.
I need to change a couple of things. I realised too late that I should have fixed the foot end first. That way it's easier to tension without leaning out over the foot hoop trying to reach the stern fixing point.
The way the haka are fixed to the aka bars could be improved. I'm going to swap the tube clips with a hook at the front that goes over the aka horizontally so that the tramps aren't pierced. I'll move the tube clips to the rear. That should avoid any cantilevered see sawing.
The platform was very comfortable. In fact you could assemble the bivvy, then stow it out of the way and cook dinner etc. The combination of Haka and tramps gives you plenty of storage space.
More to come...