Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:54 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey out there,
I'm new to Hobies and to this forum but thought I'd put out my initial take on the new Vantage seating on the PA12. First and foremost, it is unbelievably comfortable. To me the ability to change positions easily over long periods of time is important to my comfort and therefore my level of enjoyment. This seat offers that in spades. Seat bottom and seat back adjustments are a piece of cake and the adjustable lumbar support is just icing on said cake. I've not experienced any difficulties with the arm rests interfering with anything at this point but my time on the water has been unfortunately somewhat limited so I'm not sure I can honestly speak intelligently about that at this point. The ability to raise the seat to the higher or Vantage position is also very nice and again, adds to the comfort of the experience. One thing I will say is that this boat turns on a dime and I think if a sharp turn were executed at warp speed with the seat in the Vantage position, the chances of getting wet would be pretty high. If your in a hurry stay low. That's about all I can tell ya for now. As I spend more time on the water I'll keep posting about it. Really enjoy this forum and hope to be able to give and receive some valuable feedback. Have already gotten some great ideas from lots of you and it is most appreciated. Thanks and have a great day. :D

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:43 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Your right about the seat being great :!: The only thing I have noticed is that the lumbar support seems to slip after some use. While I simply reach back and re-tighten it, I'm not sure if it is just my seat that does that or if it is common.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:50 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Haven't experienced that yet but could be that mine just hasn't gotten enough use :( . Thanks for the heads up. Will try to pay attention to that.