Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:16 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

OK THERE YOU GO.

I AM LOOKING HARD AT PA RIGHT NOW THE 14 MODEL...AND MIGHT EVEN WAIT FOR THE NEXT MODEL WIT SOME NEW FEATURES.

BUT I GOT 3 FRIEND AND NOW MORE THAT JUST GOT SOME..BUT THE OUT OFF THE 3 FIRST ONE THAT BAUGHT PA...2 OFF THEM HAVE THERE HULL CRACK UNDER THERE FEET....

and both off those guy are like 200 pound.....so i am thinking me at 290.. will crack those hull in an hurry...thats is scary.

how many have crack hull...but simply dont post about it...many are have an ego and wont say...but it would nice to see the trut product and no if there is a tru prob or not....wen i see 2 crack hull out off 3 pa..i see a potention problemes.

so please do post if anyone do have problemes...

joco.....i trully love the mirage drive..and like pa style but i sher dont want problemes.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

:?:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:31 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The only hole I have in my PA is the hole where the Mirage Drive goes..... :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:31 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Not me nor my PA fishing buddy. There's two that aren't cracked.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

have you use it a lot.?

have you stand a lot.?

big man ?

there many that have no prob...but ey they dont use there unti..go figure..or they dont stand long period again go figur.
the guy i am talking about use there PA a lot and they stand a lot.

like 8h days min on water many outhing.

joco.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:52 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have had my PA for 3 years, no problems.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:07 am 
Site Rank - Captain

2nd year, no cracks!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:22 am 
Site Rank - Captain

nope, no cracks in the hull of my PA either...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

OK... Jaco I have had 2 crack on me. That one owner 2 PA within 20 months. After 10 months of owning my first PA it cracked on the deck near the seat and it was replaced by Hobie without any problems. Today as I got ready to head out for an offshore drift, my second PA (2012) less than 10 months old cracked by the two screws that hold the rudder mechanism to the inside liner of the deck.
I use my kayak every week no matter the weather. I am on the water for 12-16 hours at a time. I do a lot of sight fishing and I too was a large man... was 320# now 230#. If I was to rate my PA even with two of them cracking I would say that my PA is the best kayak I have ever fished on. It is roomy, stable, dry, and an awesome fishing platform. Is it heavy? Yes. But it is fast on the water and it carrys a large payload. I had 2 other kayaks before I purchased my PA and I will tell you I will never go back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

was 320# now 230# , great job and secrets, sorry for going off topic

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Had 2 PA's ...... now down to 1 ....... no cracks .......... weren't you on another site asking the same question? .......... are you sure you're buddies aren't pulling your leg?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:33 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Something people tend to to overlook is that the trailer you carry your PA on is apt to dish out more punishment to the hull than anything you can actually do while fishing in the boat.

With the exception of the Rack & Roll trailer, none of these boat or utility type trailers are sprung correctly for something as light as a kayak or two. For all intents and purposes, most of the trailers used for hauling kayaks might as well be solid axle models with no suspension - there isn't much shock absorption on any of these trailers until you get many hundreds of pounds, if not thousands, on them. Every bump and pothole in the road is delivered right to your kayak hull.

In fact, I'm in the process of ordering 3 Al-Ko torsion bar axles (light 600lb capacity) to retrofit my 3 kayak trailers with.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:39 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tom, I wouldn't praise the Rack& Roll trailer, mine is a POS
3 sets of wheel bearing (they never saw water, other than rain) 2 pr of shocks, the wiring is garbage, the bushings on the trailing arms are shot, the thing wobbles back and forth going down the road.,the paint is blistering off the fenders.
Look at the Sports Rigs from CA. they are US built and the same design, I don't have one yet ,but i'm looking at them

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:46 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Very odd, mine has been nothing short of perfect.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have two cracks in my 2010 model....both under or around the seat area. I have a claim pending with Hobie now. Cracks resulting in me taking on a lot of water and starting to sink. Got a jet ski to tow me and ending up flipping out and capsizing the yak.

I have never stood up (except to enter or exit) while fishing. I am a big guy (290-300) but would never consider not having a Pro Angler....The PA is my third yak and my absolute favorite!