I tried to add some locations to the google map above but they keep disappearing!
So...if your ever in this neck of the woods you have a TON of options for sailing on some very nice lakes!
Just to name a few....
1. Cultus Lake, my local favorite. Good strong afternoon winds. Decent Launch.
2. Wickiup Resevoir, good launches on the NW side. Decent winds though can be shifty
3. Elk Lake, small but fun. Great beach and launch at Little Fawn Campground.
4. East Lake/Paulina Lake, awesome spot in the Newberry Caldera. Volcano Sailing at its finest!
5. Waldo Lake, one of the clearest lakes in the world, you can see the bottom over 100 feet down on calm days. Great camping and sailing...mosquitoes are fierce until early fall
I could go on and on....there are a ton of cool lakes around here. Mountain views, clear water, decent winds, tons of camping areas. If your ever in the area hit me up!