Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 05 mirage oasis value?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:41 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Can anyone give me a rough value of an 05 oasis mirage tandem in good condition? thanks for the help. Randy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 4:24 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I just sold a fairly well used '06 Outfitter including two new seats and a beater kayak cart for $1,200 off of Craigslist. Considering I had 5 respondees in 24 hours and sold it for what I wanted out of it, I think I might have been too low...

I suspect your Oasis, if in good shape, might be able to bring more, but it depends on your local market I guess.

Keith

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:41 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We just bought a new Oasis this past year (bought a 2011 in 2012, new, still in the box)

My one fear is that selling this boat is going to be tough. You need to find the right buyer who understands the value of the Mirage Drive. It's not a cheap kayak to buy new, and it doesn't have to be sold cheap used, but you'll need to find the right buyer.

One thing to promote in the ad, might be to say something about how you can kayak together but don't need to be in sync as you would with a tandem paddle kayak.

Two people of varying degrees of fitness will have no problems in a Tandem Mirage Drive boat. That can't be said about a regular tandem, and if two people of varying fitness buy two boats, they'll never be happy. One person will always have to slow down, the other will always have to try to keep up.

Sorry that I can't help you on actual values. If you can be patient, and advertise in the right spots, you'll get the value.