Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:11 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I usually put my boat into the bay behind Ocean City NJ. I'm not a fan of going under bridges when they open once an hour. I was wondering if anyone knew of a launch close to OC that would get me out to the ocean without going through a drawbridge.

I don't own cat tracks so launching right from a beach won't work unless I can drive on it.

Thanks for the info!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:24 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Corson's Inlet State Park has a boat ramp (Ocean Drive between OC and Strathmere). I launched there with a friend - step the mast while on the trailer and then offload the boat and walk it to the adjacent beach for rigging.

You'll have a few quick tacks before you get out to open water.

For other suggestions, try Don at Baycats in OC. 609-391-7960

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:58 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks, I'll check that out this weekend.

I see Don all the time. He likes to take my money and is always telling me that its been slow all day until I walk in to pick up my parts/gear just behind a large group of renters.

Seems my bad luck is his good business, but I never bought a Hobie part that wasn't worth waiting for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:19 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I had a HC-14 Turbo and a HC-16 about 18 years ago and would sail off of Kennedy Park in Somers Point NJ. A recent visit proved to me that the beach there is pretty much gone. There is a Municipal boat ramp and small beach between the Parkway and Beesley Point Bridges next to the Tuckahoe Inn. I’m told that the Hobie Beach at the southern most point in Stone Harbor has easy access to the ocean side beach. In Bayville, Trixie's Landing/Brennan Concourse has a ramp and nice park. Union Lake, Millville is a nice easy lake sail. I just purchased a used HC-18 Maxum and will be looking for good beach launching locations this spring for Summer 2007. I f you find any good daily launch sites for Hobies in South Jersey, Let us know.