Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:32 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

My wife has suffered a Smith's fracture of her left wrist, and her kayaking for this year and probably until next spring/summer is a no go.

We bought our red 2009 Oasis new, in early summer of 2010. We used it several times that summer.

Last year my wife had a severe operation, and it set unused on the Malone Trailer until this year.

We have used it a few times this year.

Our Oasis is in excellent shape and has been trailered under a cover for its time with us. After each use, it has been washed and then covered until the next trip.

There are a few scratches on the keel which come from launching and landing.

The Mirages have a few landing scratches and have been washed/lubed and stored inside after each use.

So what would be a fair price?

Does anyone know anyone in the N California area SF to Santa Rosa to Sac, who might be interested in a good 2009 Oasis?

We live in the Napa area.

I will sell the Malone Sport Trailer with a better hitch than what came with it, if some wants it with the Oasis. The trailer is in excellent shape.

If I can sell the Oasis, I will buy a Revo 11 for my use until my wife is ready to yak again.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:47 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Tough to answer. They are $2800 new and I see "used" 2012 boats in your area listed at $2450 on eBay. Your price will determine your speed of sale as well. Also, if there are any upgrades, that would have to factor in. There are at least a couple on Craigslist at $1500 right now, but one is a 2006 and I'm not sure of the age of the other.

I am no expert on Hobie boats and their resale market, other than to know that I can't find a Revolution (other than the soccer team) in New England.

-bob

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:25 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Just remember that the 2011 Oasis was an extensive redesign. So up until 2010, the boats on the market will be virtually the same as yours, but from 2011 to 2012, the boat will be a different Oasis.