Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 5:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:31 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

trainsktg wrote:
MR,

A nice comprehensive review of the Revo 11.

I just had my first long-distance outing with my Revo 13 this week, and like you I too had alot of water rushing over the bow and into the front hatch. I am going to try to duplicate your rubber mat fix. I didn't have any great amount of standing water in the boat after several hours of these conditions, but the gear below was definitely more wetted than I would have liked.

The non-molded carry handles are nice when loading the boat, but the scalloped recesses under the handles act like sluices and channel water directly into my lap everytime a wave hits in chop over 6". I need to devise a spray skirt to fix this too I guess. Have you had this problem as well?

Keith

After leak testing my Revo 11 after a lot of water got inside following my self-rescue practice, I discovered that the hinge straps on the front hatch were holding the front lip of the hatch open and not allowing a seal. I put chaulk on the seal and closed the hatch and there was no seal at the front. It was obvious that the factory moved the attach points from the pre-punched holes in the strap. They most likely did that to keep the hatch edge from prying the seal off when the hatch was opened with the loosened straps. I readjusted for the best compromise, but have not leak tested yet. I did a write up for my local dealer who said he was going to contact Hobie. I have not heard anything yet. I think the design is flawed in this area.