Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:55 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I own 2012 Revolution 11 and the bottom padding of the stock seat gets uncomfortable after an hour or so. I mostly use the yak to go fishing so I'm commonly seated for three to four consecutive hours.

I read about the upgraded inflatable bottom from Hobie with would just zip on to my seat however I seen photos of seats that look more comfortable from third parties.

Any thoughts or opinions?

e.g. Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:14 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

If you are going to go for a 3rd party seat you should first make sure that it can be installed in exactly the same way as the Hobie seat; in particular the seat plugs... otherwise, from what I have heard, you may find yourself slip-sliding about rather than sitting comfortably.

As far as increasing the cushioning: I can't comment on the inlatable cushion but what I did was to cut up an old closed cell sleeping mat into seat-sized pads which fit under the standard seat and that has served me well for years.

Of course sitting on your chuff and pedalling for hours on end is likely to be a bit uncomfortable in any sort of chair really so you are never going to fully alleviate a certain amount of discomfort, though if you are like me/most other users the rewards probably outweigh same discomfort.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:29 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

In our Oasis even short trips of about an hour had her uncomfortable.

I bought the inflatable bottom and installed it, it wasn't a quick job.

However, it worked great even on back to back days in the saddles.

DoubleOSeven wrote:
I own 2012 Revolution 11 and the bottom padding of the stock seat gets uncomfortable after an hour or so. I mostly use the yak to go fishing so I'm commonly seated for three to four consecutive hours.

I read about the upgraded inflatable bottom from Hobie with would just zip on to my seat however I seen photos of seats that look more comfortable from third parties.

e.g. Image

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:47 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Go to Walgreen's or CVS and buy yourself one of the closed cell "donuts" to put under your rear-end. They work great :!:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:11 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I use the surf to summit seats in my quest 11 and on the outback

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:38 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

Replacing the seat bottom with a Hobie i-comfort seat pad (partially inflated) works great for me. I found that it is not layers of cushioning that matter but proper fit. Remember that the higher you sit, the higher your CG and the less stable your boat. 8)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:13 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the replies.. I bought an icomfort but havent had a chance to use it yet. Will let you all know how I like it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

x2 for the Surf to Summit seats. Their harness system works fine, no problem with slip sliding, way more comfortable than Hobie seats.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:00 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

DoubleOSeven wrote:

e.g. Image

Hello,
I used the Hobie I-Comfort for three hours and made a world of difference.Glad I went that route. Install very easy. Lay velcro strip on top of orginal seat and use existing straps.