Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:20 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:05 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I have an AI and am planning on getting a second for my wife. I also have two other kayaks.

I've been researching trailers which would hold all 4 of my kayaks and the Trailex SUT-450-M6 seems so far like the best choice.
http://www.trailex.com/SUT-450-M6.cfm

I realize I'd have to take the amas off the 2 AI's as the trailer crossbar widths are 30" on each side (although the top crossbar is 62.5"). Having (4) 30" crossbars and (1) 62.5" crossbar of storage space total seems to be plenty to hold (2) disassembled AI's, (2) additional kayaks, plus a storage box, masts, etc.

Any thoughts?
Thank you.
Dan

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:10 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Bringing this trailer back to life as I am looking at it as well. Anyone purchase this one? (AI, TI, 2 other kayaks)

I am thinking of purchasing it along with some wider crossbars for the bottom. Since I'll be using pvc instead of cradles, the spacing should be fine. Ideally, I would like the hobbies double and add a top rack, however the pricing gets out of control with the top rack.

Appreciate any feedback

PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 11:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I Went ahead and purchased the SUT-450 M6 for my TI, AI, i11s (I trailer with the AMAS off). Both will be resting on pvc bunks. My only concern is that the 30" crossbar width wont be quite wide enough for the TI hull (cutting it close).

I love 80/20 aluminum extrusion and may just purchase some of their 40mm-80mm square tube for wider crossbars on the bottom. T-Bolts should be relatively compatible.

Cant wait to tinker!

p.s. Now that I added the TI to my fleet, my AI feels so light in comparison. Ive actually found myself lifting the hull around.