Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:26 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Sponsored by the Keowee Sailing Club, the Last Cat Regatta is open to all Catamarans and will be a two-day event held on Saturday, Nov.3, and Sunday, Nov.4, 2012.

Per the posting on the EMSA group they will do a H16 / H18 class if they get enough boats.

NOR is posted on the EMSA "CatamaranCrazy" yahoo group site.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/0NqLUMBjMl ... %20NOR.doc

Too far away from me, but you guys in area should check it out. Looks like a fun event.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 3:47 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks for the post GD_NC. We can't make it either but it's great to keep up on what's going on.

Drives me nuts: the hosting Keowee Sailing Club website makes no obvious mention of the event. http://www.emsa-sailing.org does not either. :evil:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:50 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I agree. It's way to hard to find out about these events. The best sources are EMSA's Yahoo group, Fleet 32 yahoo group, and the Beachcats.com calendar but it's really hard to get much advance notice so you can plan ahead. I've been trying to post the major EMSA events I find out about in Division 9 forum to get the word out. New sailors always welcome but afraid no one is making much effort to bring them in. :)

I started out thinking there only a few multihull events in the Div. 9 area, but I've since learned there are a couple events per month from March and October. There are several mixed mono/multi hull events around too but they don't seem to attract many hobie sailors from what i can tell.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:15 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Garrett,
You need to recheck that calendar. One event per month max and almost nothing during the summer months. Now they have lost the Pee Dee classic and the Hatteras race. That leaves maybe 4 points races and several mixed events. Most of the events are in SC or GA. The only NC event is on Norman.

It would be nice to get something started again on Jordan or Kerr. There are way more hobie sailors around than you would think. The NC State sailing club used to have several cats but those guys may have all graduated and moved on.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:13 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I was including the events that Fleet 32 in Va Beach puts on and or advertises as well as many other "fun" races like the RRR and Duck Cup. I was not referring specifically to points events. I agree those are few and far between.

There were a couple of new events this year in addition to those that were dropped. Chase the Cats at Norman and a new race was planed at Kitty Hawk in Aug. but I never heard much about it.

I'd love to see an event around this area. Jordan would be an good place for it there are many monohull events there already. The Isotope fleet here is very active on Jordan , Townsend, and Kerr but don't seem to mix with the EMSA cats for what ever the reason.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:09 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Would be great to see more cat meet-ups in div 9. Are we starting to think here of organizing something new up your way on Jordan? If so let's start a new thread to see if we can drum up more interest from Gary Eudy, MVD, and others, even those not active here.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:39 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Please add me to your email lists as you start to schedule events and publish NORs for 2013. I would have loved to have made it to Keowee, but my recent move and subsequent renovation work on our new home is taking up way, way, too much of my time, but it will pass.

H16 Seabreeze #112205 (Richard Petty Signature Edition)
H14T Fantasia #47787
San Juan 28