All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:14 am 
Site Rank - Captain

guess it didn't. i received email with nomad parts list on sale
from Bo Williams <bo.williams@laserperformance.com>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:22 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi Dave:

Got my Getaway in early September (wonderful, wild sail in 30+knot gusts for the September long week-end -> yeehaa!). For even more fun, I decided to add the spinnaker kit - which just arrived from Hobie today.

After finding this forum when looking for info on how to install, I see that you have written an instruction list. Unfortunately, the link is no longer working (past the 30 days).

Would you mind re-posting your instructions? I'm eager to get the kit installed soon (though I will have to wait until the lake water gets soft to actually fly the spin...).

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Tom :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:17 am 
Hobie Tech / Moderator

I e mailed you a copy as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:37 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

old post, but still relevant. I just ordered the spinnaker for my hobie 16.
IT's here - and it's SCAREY.

Someone above said "it's not a big seller so we haven't made instructions?"

I've not ordered one for years (put it off) because it's intimidating. I read about the lack of installation instructions and - WELL THAT WHY ITS NOT A BIG SELLER.

I love hobie products, but their instructions and promo - "SUCKS"

Hobie 16's where EVERYWERE I went in the 70's and early 80's. Now I don't see them anywhere. WHY?

I purchased 3 used boats. (H16's) NOT one of the 3 different people I bought them from knew how to really rig theirs. EACH was rigged differently! And each was wrong I later discovered. I really found no good instructions on rigging and mainly learned it myself through trial and error and luckily each of the 3 boats had at least one little part that was rigged right, so between the correct part on each of the three boat I figured it out.

IF PEOPLE THAT OWN THESE BOATS CAN'T LEARN TO RIG THEM THEY WON'T BE POPULAR.

So 1700.00 for a spinnaker... I finally took the chance. And my dealer said there would be english instructions. (though I heard rumor they would be in French)
SURE NUF - one sheet of french instructions XEROX'ed with MUDDY DARK PICTURES (few like 2?) and the instructions are of little to no help.

WHAT IS IT WITH HOBIE? Does anyone have good photos of a H16 installed spinnaker?

If I had photos I would host a site to share them. I run a server that hosts many websites. Let me help by posting the photos that may be out there to help other hobie folks!

Ron@portranet.com

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:51 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Matt or Jacques!
Why don't you buy OttawaDave's instruction manual and post it on the Hobie website, and include it with the spinnaker? It is about a million times better than the single page fuzzy copy that came with my $1680 spinnaker kit!
In the meantime, I saved a pdf copy of O'Dave's instructions (thanks again Dave! I owe you a case of your favorite beer!) that I'll forward to anyone who wants it.
Bob Peterson