I think I was lucky - as I didnt find any soft spots. The paint I used was an enamel made by Norglass, http://www.norglass.com.au/
the paint cost me about $300 including the undercoat/printer and thinners for spraying. I've still got enough left to do my other boat as well.
I've sourced most of my replacement parts, such as the tramp, a few blocks etc from e-bay, and the local hardware store (Bunnings) is good for the rest - ropes etc. The trailer was the first thing I did and hopefully it should be registered on Monday - then the cat can go back on the trailer for the finishing touches.
Good luck with your restoration - make sure you take pics as you go - its always good to see the before and after. Cheers from Australia!