Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:00 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Fortunate enough to live in the area of Central Florida I have numerous locations close to me. The only obstacle I run into is being able to coordinate days off with good weather. With a new Pro Angler 14 sitting in my garage for over two weeks waiting, I decided it was time to head out and see if it was as good of a fishing Kayak/Boat as everyone was claiming. The weather was anything but perfect with high winds and poor visibility, on a cloudy and foggy Saturday morning. The overall conditions were not making it easy for the type of fishing that I am familiar with. The boat performed well on a steady 5 to 10 Knots wind. It did take me some time to adjust the seat so I could be in a comfortable position. I kept working from the low to the high position until I found it acceptable. In general it was easier to peddle and fish in the higher position. Coming from a Hobie Quest and Hobie Revolution it was nice being able to stand up while fishing, as well as being able to stretch my legs every so often. Something I did find was the seat to be a bit uncomfortable after five hours of fishing. I will have to invest in some type of cushion to sit on. The boat was fast. While not as fast as the Revolution, I found the boat to be extremely fast for its size. The rudder was extremely sensitive and didn't take much to get the boat to respond. I have yet to add any accessories to the boat. I wanted to take it for a spin and get an idea as to where things would fit best before drilling any holes on board. Here is a quick shot of my findings on my first fishing trip aboard this aircraft carrier.... The grand total for the day was four Trout and one Red.

* 2013 Hobie Pro Angler 14

"FISHING THE INDIAN RIVER & MOSQUITO LAGOON"

Last edited by Hobie Angler on Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:55 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Glad you are enjoying your new PA. If your butt is hurting as a result of sitting in the Vantage seat, try this suggestion.

Most probably you don't have the lower seat raised enough in the front to allow your weight distribution to be spread through out your butt AND legs. Took me a couple of trips to figure this out. Hope it works for you :!: :!:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

islandspeed2001 wrote:
Glad you are enjoying your new PA. If your butt is hurting as a result of sitting in the Vantage seat, try this suggestion.

Most probably you don't have the lower seat raised enough in the front to allow your weight distribution to be spread through out your butt AND legs. Took me a couple of trips to figure this out. Hope it works for you :!: :!:

Islandspeed2001, I hear you about the seat position and will continue trying until I find comfort. Afterall that was the idea of getting a 2013 over the old one. I have to find that sweet spot even if I have to add some cushion to make it work. 8)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:01 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Also found that putting the seatback 2 clicks further back than normal also helped. Good luck on finding that sweet spot!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:20 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Nice Catch!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:50 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

x2 adjusting your seat. I spent 8.5 hours in mine Saturday only standing up once. I'm 5'11" and 260 lbs with a bad back and I was quite comfortable all day. Trust me, that's saying something right there!

Tight Lines and Slime!
Tony

A bad day fishing beats a good day at work every time!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:12 am 
Site Rank - Captain

The fact that they give you so many options when adjusting the seat makes it a real challenge. Lol, when moving from the high position to the low you have to readjust everything all over again. No doubt it is going to take people time to find comfort. If you are coming from a Hobie Revolution you would know what I am talking about. They only give you one position to work with there. Going back to fishing..... It has been hot according to all the fishing reports in the area lately....can't wait to get back out there this weekend again.