Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:38 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:16 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I clicked on the link and it seems to be working fine.

https://plus.google.com/photos/114227061240820045982/albums/5803684343522828625?authkey=CJzr7vGKwrI9

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:48 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Looks like you have to have a Google account. It asks me to sign in with an account name & password.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

http://www.islandhopperoutboards.com/re ... otors.html

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:46 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

mikea....worked like a charm. Good info. Thank you Sir!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:34 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I wanted to see the finished product, don't tell me that's it. Lets see it after you used it a few times

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:29 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Steve, Aren't you the guy who operates and sells the Basyaks kayak trolling motor set ups? Maybe that explains why you continually run down and badmouth every other motor and mount design put up on this forum by others.

Chill out. Not everybody is going to buy your motor and many of us like tinkering with our own set ups. And many of these set ups work as well or better than your offering. Please allow others the same courtesy that you expect others to offer you.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:31 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

X2!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

RHale and Pat I have no problem with someone designing a system of their own it only makes the idea stronger, what I do have a problem with someone copying someone else ideas and passing them off as their own as tpmister did.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 2:13 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

No, that's not it. Every single motorized system that has appeared on this forum in the past two years have been badmouthed by you. Not all of those were copies of something from somewhere else. Some were and are original. Some worked, some didn't. But you were always first in line to challenge other systems or to say something negative about them. Try pushing your system based on what merits you believe it has and try to stay off knocking everybody else's ideas and you will be a lot better received.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:27 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

SteveK wrote:
RHale and Pat I have no problem with someone designing a system of their own it only makes the idea stronger, what I do have a problem with someone copying someone else ideas and passing them off as their own as tpmister did.

ok, i cant stands it no more.
whomever 'stevek' is--a concerned citizen, a forum police office, an agent with the US patent office, the owner of the bassyaks site or whatever--every single post on this entire thread has been inflamed, accusatory and provocative. i guess i need to read some more of this fellows posts, because as my short experience is, im not sure i'd give much credence to his input. seems to have very little positive to say about anything other than support for this one specific product.
this last accusation is an out and out lie. the fella--tpmister, who is one of the apparent targets of his flaming said in his original post on this very thread that his design was a 'knock off of the bass yaks'. he did not appear to attempt to pass anything off, and gave complete and obvious credit to where he got the inspiration for his version. (Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:03 pm)
and as far as my search has found, he has not even come close to any infringement.

having 2 patents myself, one with specific ultrasound techniques, i have at least a little knowledge with patent law. if one wants to protect a property, one needs to be a lot more specific in ones design.

further, the initial post that created this thread was incredibly obvious as a spam--from whom or where i cannot say. (but stevek seemed hell-bent on defending the original poster. hmmm) actually i'm a little disappointed the moderators did not remove the thread before it got to this point. the original post was like 10 month ago? and the poster has never posted anything else. i think my bulldog is smart enough to see this as a spammer. but, the thread has actually proved to have merit through all this. for one, other ideas about motorizing a PA have come up--both with the 'sanford and son' techniques that some users steadily employ, as well as well crafted and designed techniques. batteries, props and other variables have been discussed which i'm sure have assisted some in their experimentation. from chaos comes order, to a fashion.
also, the poster who seems so bent on flaming everyone else's ideas has created the opportunity for many to regard further posts with some degree of question.
and for me personally, i will certainly consider quite carefully purchases from any online seller who might continuously bad-mouth Hobie products directly on their own site and degrade anyone with the will to investigate and experiment with their own design. not my kind of place to do business.

cheers.
drew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:21 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the support, uno mas. You are 100% correct. I am not procatively looking to steal ideas or trying to make money here. I am simply a tinkerer who enjoy reading everyones ideas and incorporating the best ones to meet my needs. This is no exception.

Kip

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:20 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Drew go back and read the thread from the beginning so you'll know what your ranting about. What other systems do I refer to in this post, the Bassyaks and the Torqeedo, both which I have had EXTENSIVE experience with, so now correcting misinformation is off limits.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:57 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Steve ......... dude ........ you are your own worst enemy ........ believe it or not, you have talked more people out of buying your product by your not being forth coming about who you are, your swiping at any other product and the obvious planting of favorable posts.

you have a good product with a proven record ......... stop hurting yourself guy ......... you'll get the sales from the people that match your product that is if you stop turning them off and driving them away.

I've talked to you at length ........ your a good guy with a good product ..... stop shooting yourself in the foot ........ it's hard to watch .......

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:36 am 
Site Rank - Captain

It really is.....
Regards....

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I agree , Steve. I didn't appreciate getting your private message telling me, "Be careful what you copy, I'm sure you can't afford a lawyer".

First, I can afford a lawyer. Second, creating a copy of your product for my own personal use does not infrindge on a patent. I'm not selling it. I just thought it was a good set up and tried to save some money doing it myself.

I hope you take everyone's feedback to heart. You sound really desperate.

Kip

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next