Gas Yakker wrote:
Nice. A few questions...
1. What are the spec's on that PWM? Is that one of those 30A chinese scooter controllers? I assume it's reversible? Looks like a 30lb motor, so about a 30A max draw through the controller?
2. What did you waterproof the flex tubing connections at the plug & motor shaft with? Looks like heat shrink tubing maybe?
3. How did you waterproof the pot in the tiller?
4. Do you have a killswitch? Don't see one...
I will see if I can find the PWM on eBay again. It's rated 30amps. It is Chinese. It is a 30 lb motor; Minnkota Endura C30. I plugged the top of the trolling motor with Plasti-Dip. Also used Plasti-Dip on the speed pot connections after I soldered them. Then I wrapped in self vulcanizing tape. I don't have a kill switch but there is a 40 amp thermal breaker. Here is a little closer view of my PWM including the wiring w/breaker. Looks like a bomb!! Ha!
You will notice some corrosion on the PWM. This has been in the ocean several times and my hull usually gets an inch or two of salt water in there due to the surf launches. When I get home, I open it up and spray it down with electric motor spray cleaner and scrub with an old tooth brush. I ought to use Plasti-Dip, or that spay leak stop stuff I see on infomercials.