It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:48 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:49 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

hobie18rich wrote:
Skipshot wrote:
hobie18rich wrote:
Skipshot wrote:
Eat your hearts out!!! Upper Management (aka "my wife") approved an order for a custom sail!!! I've revived sail pattern number 51 from the pattern history guide. Now I'll be bringing up the rear of the racing fleet in style instead of boring white.

Congrats Skipshot instead of the new sail why don't you just buy my Tiger. I have a new sail coming with my new boat.

Are you trying to ruin my marriage? I already have two mistresses made of fiberglass and aluminum.

Dude I have 2 Hobies in the garage. A remote control cat in the spare room. A 16 hull hanging in the living room. I also have a new boat on order.

You also have a bad-ass wife whose first response, while my crew, to my question of "Should I stop the boat?!" when she was dangling like a puppet from the harness and off-balance from the wire while I was flying a hull 100 yards from the finish line in a close 2-3-4 finish was "Go! Go! Go!!!!" I dragged her the last 15 yards under water and when I stopped she asked, "How'd we do?"

(The answer was "Fourth" because according to the Committee Boat I stopped three feet short of the line. I protested for a Mulligan under the dramatic circumstances to no avail.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:49 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

CherokeeSailor wrote:
If only they still made brown. I would actually pay for a brown sail like this:

custom when it was made, might as well make another one off.

My 88 came with that yellow sail, but the jib is toast and the sail has multiple small holes in it. Picked up 92 nationals sails. But I love the Yellow!