Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:23 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

We were in our red TI and ran across an AI coming back in from his maiden voyage and loving it. Seems we had talked at a lighted pre-Christmas boat parade and he bought an AI shortly after! Being out and about is the best Hobie advertising!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:54 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hey! that's me! Now I'm famous :lol: It was nice being "out and about"! since then Ive sailed 3 times out on the bay, and pedaled/paddled with just the main hull, on 4 river trips with friends/family.

Mark

Wenonah Fisherman -99

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:22 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Heya I live in Saint Pete so always looking to go sailing with other hobbies in Tampa Bay. Was hoping to try that on the Gulf side of Saint Pete if anybody up to it.
Here is my setup

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:31 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Got my TI and Trailex trailer in November and am looking to sail with other AI or TI owners around the Tampa area. Drop me an email at [email protected] or Give me a ring at 8135988151.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 3:12 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Will need to do that... we were just out at Davis Islands today.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:42 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Hey there are always AI's and TI's out in Sarasota bay on the weekends, I'm out most every weekend with my TI, I launch down on the south end of the bay at City Island (Right next to Sarasota Sailing Squadron, and Mote marine.
We sometimes launch at Ft Desoto and meet our powerboat friends at Egmont Key and just anchor on the windward side, always a good time.
Always looking for something to do, and people to sail with. A day excursion picnic somewhere would be fun, though I don't offhand know where (open to ideas). Sounds silly, but a bar crawl to places like Treasure Island and a few other places up and down the beaches in that area might be a fun day. I don't drink but hey getting there would be a blast.
Bob

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:21 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I'm in for a link up at Ft. Desoto.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:33 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

That would be fun, I have launched quite a bit from the boat launch, I can get my car very close unload then go park. I have also launched from beach parking area on the south side (where the Wateribe EC launches from) but the parking lot is quite a haul from the shore. I haven't tried launching from the main beach and parking lot (it gets pretty crowded up there), I imagine we would not be allowed to launch at the main swimming beach.
It's easy when we are camping, we just drop the boat in the water at the campsite, but it's really hard to get in the campground this time of year.
Something in mid April would work for me, I'll be in Key West until then (sailing). It would be fun to meet some of you guys, I already know Captn Chaos, he's a great guy, he might be recovered from his 300 mile Watertribe EC challenge enough by then.
I know the Economy Tackle Adventure Island club is looking to have an outing some time in May, I will suggest Ft Desoto.
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:52 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I am good for this weekend. Let me know

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:09 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

This wasn't a meet so much as a drive by. Saw two sand-colored Hobies while playing around Ft. Desoto yesterday. The one was too far away to get a shot, but I got the second.

We loved being able to camp and just jump into the boat and go. We hope to get back there soon.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:44 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Thank you for posting the pictures. Sorry that we didn't get a chance to go out and play on the water together. It would have been fun.

Hopefully, we can coordinate something next fall/winter, since we are snowbird'ing it and our time is just about up. ( Are we really snowbirds if we are still working during the week? )

How was your camping trip?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:18 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Camping was wonderful. Definitely love the spot we got...just backed the boat a few feet into the water and off we go... That day was a nice one for sailing!

This was a video of the dolphins coming near our TI... taken with a cheapy underwater camera...so not spectacular, but thought it was great when one of the dolphins slapped its tail. We were moving pretty fast and they weren't in the mood to race, it seemed. They'd stay beside us for a few seconds, then head off.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziyYIGXgDmk[/youtube]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:09 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

evil_e ,
I was wondering just were on Davis Island you launch? I live in Plant City and do Ft. Desoto, Gandy and Dunedin causeways and EG Simmons Park. I was looking at the Seaplane Basin and see what looks like a good place just on the other side of the road from the Dog Park?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

larryhts wrote:
...a good place just on the other side of the road from the Dog Park?

You got it! We were there just yesterday!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:41 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Tjcouch; I was there Saturday and it was very nice. Not much wind but a good time. Thanks for the reply. Larry