Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:46 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:35 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

What's your thoughts?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:49 pm 
yes, I bought a set of wings last summer. They are a great product. Easy to install and great to use.prior to purchasing them, my wife wanted me to buy a Getaway, now she loves the H16. They add a whole new dimension to the boat. There are a few photos of my boat with the wings on the beachcats web site.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:53 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey, Alan!

I just bought a pair for the same reasons as just about everyone else; helps make the boat more "family friendly", good for those of us with back problems, and they can be easily removed for racing.

I haven't put them on the boat yet (too cold still here in Michigan) but I'll give a full report as soon as I can hit the water.

Fair winds,
Nick

Post subject: Cold in Michigan
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:19 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Nick..

Next weekend there is a race over at Lake Fenton... You can find some info on the Cram website if you want to check it out... A lot of Hobie sailors from the Detroit area are going to it...

Mark Colby
1973 H16
Jackson, MI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:00 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Mark,
Put on your summer schedule the Austin Lake regatta on July 24 and 25. Austin lake is one hour west of you (I grew up sailing Hobies in Jackson). Austin Lake will have some of the best 16 sailors in the state there. Let me know and you can keep your boat at my place on the lake for the weekend.

John Seelman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 6:55 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Hey Mark. . .

Thanks for the heads up! I'm gonna try to make it. Haven't had a chance to work on the boat yet this year and we're trying to get the house ready to sell. However, if we get a break in the weather, I'll be tightening the tramp and rerigging the boat.

Hope to catch up with you sometime soon.

Nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:52 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Will try to make it to Austin Lake this year... Have seen it on the web site, but have not marked my calander as of yet...

John, Where did you sail hobies in the Jackson area??? I am kind of looking to rebuild a fleet in the area since there are a lot of lakes...

and Nick, also the following weekend is Cass Lake down in the metro area... I also believe that a lot of Hobie sailors are going to that one also...

Mark Colby
1973 H16
Jackson, MI

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:45 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Mark,
I sailed at Clark lake, Hobie fleet 58. I grew up in the Kibby/Cobb area. I hope you can make Austin lake, a real short trip, let me know.
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2004 5:46 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Getting this post back on topic:

We finally had a break in the weather here in Michigan and I was able to put the SitnSail wings on my H16. There were no missings parts and everything went smoothly EXCEPT for attaching the wings to the starboard front bracket. I accidentally crossthreaded the p*** out of the bolt and did a major number on it.

Note: PUT THE BOLTS IN BY HAND AS FAR AS YOU CAN BEFORE USING A WRENCH!

However, the customer service at SitnSail is outstanding! I contacted Ray and they are sending me another front bracket free of charge! All Ihad topay was $8 for shipping. They also passed along some more tips on getting the thing attached correctly.

Sooooo, hopefully I'll be able to get the bolt out of the bracket and reattach the wings for sailing this weekend. They say the weather is gonna be nice. . .

Fair Winds,

Nick