Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:35 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 41
Location: España
If you want to see more videos, subscribe to our channel "Abisal12"
Greetings from Canary Islands (Spain)!!

http://youtu.be/YERhRRSogwM

_________________
http://abisal12.com


Last edited by Abisal12 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:24 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sat May 26, 2012 7:20 am
Posts: 72
Location: Bulgaria
Brilliant!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:18 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:55 pm
Posts: 84
Location: Virginia - USA
OMG.... :-) A Battleship comes to mind...great job! Bob

_________________
Bob
2013 Oasis w/ Sail
Virginia


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:45 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:58 am
Posts: 1526
Location: Forster, NSW, Australia
I wish I could become a Railblaza dealer!

_________________
Tony Stott
2012 Tandem Island "SIC EM"
www.scenefromabove.com.au


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:53 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 12:22 am
Posts: 46
Location: TI ... Roma ( italy) mediterranean sea
I'm already full railblaza!
I wanted to get news about grays trampolines, I do not seem original Hobie ....
.
.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 3:36 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:31 pm
Posts: 2739
Location: Kailua 96734
Tan dramatico! 8)

I really like the nav light. That's about the only piece we still need.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:02 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2012 5:41 pm
Posts: 183
Location: Aussie living in San Diego, CA
Awesome Abisal12 !! I love the railblaza products so thanks for sharing that. They are extremely tough as well as being versatile. They are great in customizing the Hobie islands. I used them to mount my hakas to the Akas and was a little concerned about them breaking until I saw the starport breaking test video showing how strong they are - that's 660 lbs per starport !

_________________
Life is the Journey - not the Destination
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:20 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:57 am
Posts: 159
Location: Fairfax, CA USA
can you show how you used them to mount your hakas?
i was worried they would place the haka above the aka, resting only on the railblazas...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:49 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:31 pm
Posts: 2739
Location: Kailua 96734
Aussie has a nicely balanced mounting system, I think.

Awesome Youtube moments aside, it's important to note that a Starport's conservative load rating is 100kg and that is for side-loaded/static shear strength only. Top-loaded static pull strength is 30kg.

These tests are not done with dynamic forces or twisting forces and the ports were mounted to steel, not a plastic hull. They also do not reflect what happens with a rail-type mount or any high mounted object like rodholder or nav light on a boom.

You can expect a big difference, in cases like those, so keep some leashes handy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:17 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 41
Location: España
maurizio wrote:
I'm already full railblaza!
I wanted to get news about grays trampolines, I do not seem original Hobie ....
.
.
Hi!!, tramps are original Hobie, and bought in the U.S. Greetings!

_________________
http://abisal12.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:24 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 41
Location: España
coachstevo wrote:
can you show how you used them to mount your hakas?
i was worried they would place the haka above the aka, resting only on the railblazas...
Of course, haka bench are between Railblaza starports. Here I leave a picture of us.
ImageImage

_________________
http://abisal12.com


Last edited by Abisal12 on Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:43 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 41
Location: España
Image

_________________
http://abisal12.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:49 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 41
Location: España
NOHUHU wrote:
Aussie has a nicely balanced mounting system, I think.

Awesome Youtube moments aside, it's important to note that a Starport's conservative load rating is 100kg and that is for side-loaded/static shear strength only. Top-loaded static pull strength is 30kg.

These tests are not done with dynamic forces or twisting forces and the ports were mounted to steel, not a plastic hull. They also do not reflect what happens with a rail-type mount or any high mounted object like rodholder or nav light on a boom.

You can expect a big difference, in cases like those, so keep some leashes handy.

In my opinion, the rod holders are be mounted directly on the hull or the akas. The bases in the rail are weaker and therefore should be used for electronics.

_________________
http://abisal12.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 3:53 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:53 am
Posts: 41
Location: España
aussieonyak wrote:
Awesome Abisal12 !! I love the railblaza products so thanks for sharing that. They are extremely tough as well as being versatile. They are great in customizing the Hobie islands. I used them to mount my hakas to the Akas and was a little concerned about them breaking until I saw the starport breaking test video showing how strong they are - that's 660 lbs per starport !
Caution with the bases for akas, if you install them on the curve at the end, break the bottom plastic to tighten the screws.
They have also broken by tightening the screws on an installed base in the flat area aka. We must remove one of the plastic washers to avoid breaking the base.

_________________
http://abisal12.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:43 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Old Salt

Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 2:31 pm
Posts: 2739
Location: Kailua 96734
Abisal12 wrote:
Image
Oh, yeah!! Esa es la tipo de dia que me gusta! PASEOS DE HAKA! 25 CENTOVOS!! :mrgreen:


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group