Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:16 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

On my outback I ordered a wedge mount for the sail mast. I have the Scotty extension arm. I was thinking attaching my fish finder or rod holder on this arm. I test fitted it yesterday and the ff is reachable but also noticed my feet may come in contact with the arm. Still waiting for the wedge and my kayak hasn't seen water yet so I can't say for sure if my feet will touch, but it looks close. Anyone here have a similar install? I may need to order another wedge for the Scotty arm if I go this route.

Any issues installing the rod holder at this location? I have the Scotty power lock holder. Do you think the butt end of pole will interfere mirage drive? If the rod holder goes here, I would then install my ff on a ram mount in the right side tray.

Your thoughts?
Thanks

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 7:05 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I was thinking of going that direction but ended up with an Outback set up like this. I installed two small pieces of Scotty's track system or some prefer gear trac just forward of rod holders. On one side I have fish finder and the other side I have the Scotty rod holder extension that adjusts and brings the rod back toward the seat to a comfortable reachable position. This set up keeps my feet clear of each when using the Mirage Drive. I was afraid that using the mast wedge mount would cause trouble with my peddling.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 12:31 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I thought about using that mast receptacle for a fish finder mount, but then I realized I go into the front hatch often enough that it would be in the way. I went with a ram ball and mounting arm on the left gunnel for the fishfinder instead. Then again, I have a revo and you have an outback, you already have forward rodholders on your gunnels which might interfere with a similar FF mount.