Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hi, I am about to purchase the Elite 4 or 5 DSI and was wondering if anyone has installed a FF on their Adventures and where/how you ended up mounting the battery and dsi transducer. I am not a fan of the transducer arms that hang over the side.

Also, I have 4 inch gear track on each side of the Adventure with ram tube rod holders. Do you think there is room to keep the rod holder on one side and still mount the FF to the same gear track. I really do not want to only have the left rod holder.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:17 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have an Outback and a HB 597ci HD DI. So, while not exactly your situation it is similar. I shoot through the hull just in front of my Mirage drive and behind the sail post. I use a well made out of Duct Seal and splash a little water in it each time. I put my battery in a dry bag and have it sitting on the floor of the kayak in front of the sail post. I do have two pool noodles in my yak that keep the bag in place side to side and the sail post keeps it from sliding back.

I just run the cables out the front hatch and then close it. I bungy the finder (which is mounted on a board) down on the front hatch. This setup has served me well.

I hope this helps a bit. Here is a pic:

You can see the black wires that run under the board to the back of the FF. This works well due to the fact that the hatch is a bit concave. Thus, in my setup I have nothing permanently mounted and no holes drilled.

A ship in harbor is safe -- but that is not what ships are built for.
--John A. Shedd, Salt from My Attic, 1928