Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:31 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:40 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:57 am
Posts: 44
Hi I have a few questions i'm hoping some fellow yakker can help with.
1,I have been saving for the evolve v2 for ages and now I have a chance of a new Ultralight 402 set up thats really worth considering. Can i order the parts from hobie to convert this 402 to an Evolve. I am mainly gonna rudder mount the kit if i get an evolve and can only see a small difference in the 2 set ups. What parts would i need to order.
2, What's the difference between a 402 and a 403 motor and what does the evolve come with.
3, Is The 503/1003 battery ok to use as a spare.

Thanks to any one who can help.
Ian


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:13 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:57 pm
Posts: 177
Location: Delaware Coast
theblones wrote:
What's the difference between a 402 and a 403 motor


The motor is the same but the cables/connectors are different. I think they now make an adapter to use the 403/eVolve v2 batteries with the old units though.

theblones wrote:
3, Is The 503/1003 battery ok to use as a spare.


Yes they will work (might need the above mentioned adapter). Haven't seen a 503 battery, but be aware the 1003 won't fit thru an 8" hatch.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:41 pm 
Offline
Site Admin

Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 12:44 pm
Posts: 8904
Location: Oceanside, California
Electronics and software for the function of the systems are within the battery case, so not sure they are interchangeable. We had to make several changes (Torqeedo made them) to the electronics and software to handle the cable lengths required for the internal mounting.

Buy the parts? I suppose, but they are not listed anywhere. We only provide the parts as complete eVolve units. This would require some research to see what might be needed and costs involved. Not something I am interested in doing... just to see if it works.

I'd suggest using the 402 as supplied ... using their mount system may be the simplest solution.

_________________
Matt Miller
Director of Parts and Accessory Sales
Hobie Cat USA


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:11 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sat May 19, 2012 5:17 pm
Posts: 52
theblones wrote:
Hi I have a few questions i'm hoping some fellow yakker can help with.
1,I have been saving for the evolve v2 for ages and now I have a chance of a new Ultralight 402 set up thats really worth considering. Can i order the parts from hobie to convert this 402 to an Evolve. I am mainly gonna rudder mount the kit if i get an evolve and can only see a small difference in the 2 set ups. What parts would i need to order.
2, What's the difference between a 402 and a 403 motor and what does the evolve come with.
3, Is The 503/1003 battery ok to use as a spare.

Thanks to any one who can help.
Ian



I recently bought a Pro Angler 14 and wanted to convert my Evolve v2 to a Ultralight 403. I contacted Torqeedo and it's doable for just shy of $500. It will probably cost more to convert the Ultralight to an Evolve.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group