Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:52 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:45 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hooked up with some fellow NCKA anglers for an o'dark thirty salmon hunt out of Bodega Bay. The beach launch was smooth as glass but the trip out past the jetty was real sloppy due to the hundreds of power boats racing out to the salmon grounds. The wind was perfect for the Adventure Islander.....

Put the line in (big green dodger, green rsk, and an anchovy) at the first sign of bait on the fish finder. Within minutes I had a strong hook up only to come unbuttoned minutes later. Re-baited and set sail on the troll and wham....on again....and minutes later off again.

About twenty minutes later the rod doubled over...another nice fish. There were so many boats it was easy to spot where the bite was happening. Set sail again and another hook-up...this fish was in the mid-teens (lbs) so I released boat side...without netting. Immediately set sail and another hook-up and it was about the same as the previous size so it was released as well...without netting. I sailed about a hundred yards hoping to clear myself from the smaller school and dropped the line in. Within seconds I was hooked up...a nice one. This fish put me through a work out but eventually made it in the net.

By now it's almost 8:00 so I cut off the fishing gear, stowed the rod, and set out sailing around the fleet in search of my buddies. I found them and gifted them my lucky set ups, bait and weights. They too were having a banner day. I sailed around until around 11:00 and headed to the beach
It was another Great Adventure on the Water With Close Friends

ps...a new term has been coined for the AI's "On The Stripper Pole" ..check out our Team Leader..ChuckE on the "Pole"

[img]*%20Copy%20of%20ChuckE%20on%20the%20Stripper%20Pole.jpg[img]*%20IMGP0721.jpg[/img][/img]