Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:27 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Hello all.

Just had my Adventure upgraded to an Island. My kayak is the blue version and since there is no blue Island, I opted for the Dune kit as this would give me dune Ama's but the sail would have both blue and dune colors, making the kayak somewhat matching. When I got home and unfurled the sail, it was white, dune/gray, and clear. No blue at all. It was weird in that I have never seen that color option before on any Islander photos that I have seen on the net or catalog. Am I missing something here or have I got some ancient sail being passed off as a new version. Oh, I did get the V2 conversion kit and I know that is right as it has the new style Aka's.

Thanks if anybody can give me a clue on whats going on.

Steve

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:43 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I wasn't getting a response from the dealer where I bought it from so I sent a quick inquiry through the support option on the Hobie site. Surprisingly I got a response back in about an hour. The white/gray/clear (Dune) sail I got was from the old V1 kits. All current kits come with the color white/gray/blue(Turquoise)/clear sail. Even when buying by itself. I finally got a hold of my dealer and explained the situation. They researched and found that the conversion kit I got must have been right when Hobie was phasing out that sail color option and I happened to get one with the old sail and new v2 akas. They are allowing me to use the sail I have until Hobie sends out a correct replacement and then we will swap them out and they will use it with their rental fleet and I will now have a somewhat unique but matching Hobie Island (conversion).

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:09 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Once more, Hobie does it right (even allowing for the unusual initial issue). What a great company.