My trolling motor mount:
I looked at several options. I even built one of Tom's simple PVC mounts, but decided it was just a bit to flexible for me. There was way to much flexing movement in everything for me to be comfortable with it. The Minnkota 38lb transom mount motor is quite a bit heavier than I expected and I think that s why the PVC seemed so flexible.
What I ended up with wasn't the simplest or cheapest, but I think it looks good and is very strong.
I started by mounting 8" Yak Attack Geartrac on each of the side handles. After some trial and error in the location, I found the needed to be far to the rear of the handles, so the cross bar I was to add didn't hit the seat.
I used 1-1/2" 80/20 brand aluminum extrusions for my cross bar and mount. I ordered a 48" piece from McMaster Car, then cut a 6" piece off of it to use as the doubler to mount the motor on.
I also got a 3" wide x 1/4" piece of aluminum to put on the face of the doubled up extrusions for the motors camp screws to tighten against.
After I get a chance to set the height in the water, I may shorten the shaft ad possibly remove the head and make up a control box within easy reach from the seat.