Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:55 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

jeffn777 wrote:
Steve,
Maybe it's something Hobie is now doing on later production runs, but my P/A DEFINATELY came with the both sets of adapters. In the bag with the wiring plug adapters are the Lowrance mounts, Hummingbird mounts, along with the screw, nut and side plates to secure the transducer to the plate on the bottom of the boat.
Jeff

Jeff - what you are looking at are the mounting parts for the 2 different types of transducers that Lowrance offers that mount in the receiver - it is not for hummingbird. The little ones are for smaller ones, and the other arms are for the HD larger transducers. The Hummingbird adapters are yet another set of parts which are not included with the boat. Review the manual page 5 shows all the parts which are included - the little plastic brackets are shown there http://static.hobiecat.com/digital_assets/pro-angler-manual_rev120827.pdf Page 17 shows how they are used to mount the tranducer on a standard model - for an HD model you'd use the other mounting parts included. (for a hummingbird you'd still need a 3rd set of plastic adapter parts sold separately through any Hobie kayak dealer)

I just wanted to post here again so that people don't take your posts to be fact - you're statements is not correct, so want to make it clear to everyone.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 10:59 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

jeffn777 wrote:
Steve,
Maybe it's something Hobie is now doing on later production runs, but my P/A DEFINATELY came with the both sets of adapters. In the bag with the wiring plug adapters are the Lowrance mounts, Hummingbird mounts, along with the screw, nut and side plates to secure the transducer to the plate on the bottom of the boat.
No where in the owner's manual does it say what the extra plastic parts in the bag are for, but after doing a little research they are definately the adapters for Hummingbird transducers. Check that parts bag again, just in case. If anyone wants mine, I'll send them to you. I have a Lowrance unit.
I will definately check out your other threads on P/A mods. So far I've installed 16" Yakattack Gear Tracs and Ram balls on both mounting boards for my rod holder/ fish finder/ camera. The only other thing I might do is add some silent traction pads to the deck on the sides of the seat to eliminate noise from stored rods and reels. There isn't much that needs to be done with the P/A !!
Jeff

Jeff,

I hope you're right about Hobie including the Humminbird adapters. That would be a great move on their part. Mine had the bag with all the pieces you indicated...just didn't have the Humminbird hardware. No problem as I was able to get the adapter kit easily. I'm working on upgrading my rod holders to those Yak Attack Zooka tubes (RAM tubes) as I like the way they hold the rods in various ways. Will have to swap out the Scotty bases.

Love the Silent Traction material from Hook1. Have a great holiday weekend! :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:28 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Steve - wanted you to know that Jeff is incorrect - please see my post. Thanks... I should maybe go ahead and edit this thread - I don't want people finding that info in a search for years to come and then contacting us asking why their PA didn't come with parts when this guy Jeff's boat did from a forum post they read. What Jeff is seeing in his parts kit are the 2 types of Lowrance adapters that are included - nothing more.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:19 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jbernier wrote:
Steve - wanted you to know that Jeff is incorrect - please see my post. Thanks... I should maybe go ahead and edit this thread - I don't want people finding that info in a search for years to come and then contacting us asking why their PA didn't come with parts when this guy Jeff's boat did from a forum post they read. What Jeff is seeing in his parts kit are the 2 types of Lowrance adapters that are included - nothing more.

Jacques,

Thanks for the clarification. My Hobie dealer thought the same thing as Jeff with regards to the extra spline adapters that appear to be usable for the Humminbird transducers. But that was not the case for me. I have no issue with it the way it is. The key is to make sure everyone is on the same page. Appreciate the effort to clarify. It does say "Lowrance" on the bottom plate under the kayak...lol.

Hope your week is going well.

Steve

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I stand corrected I guess. Sorry for the mis-information. Please feel free to delete my posts so no one is misinformed.
Jeff

Pro Angler 14 in Dune
Jackson 'Cuda 12 in Earth

"There is certainly something in angling that tends to bring serenity to the mind"
Washington Irving

PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:48 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

jeffn777 wrote:
I stand corrected I guess. Sorry for the mis-information. Please feel free to delete my posts so no one is misinformed.
Jeff

Hey!

Don't feel bad. Some of us can get just as confused. That's the beauty of this forum. We're all here to help others enjoy the Pro Angler. :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass