Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 11:10 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 30, 2013 7:35 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I have found the Buzz Line at half the price just as good.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:18 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I picked up the 2629 and 2640 combo earlier in the year and have been delighted with the results! having not ever run a 194 lower i really am unsure as to the differences, but have no problem with the 2629 jaw angle out on the trap. The load sense ratchet is almost perfectly set from factory (on mine at least) and only engages when i really need some pull. fyi if you do go for the 2629, you will need a eye strap for a bitter end on the block (cant remember the PN, but it screws on to the top of the cam cleat.)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 4:23 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Sorry to hijack but at least it's an old post: I have a newer carbo? block on my T2 that looks like the Harken line-route diagram shown above. I need to adjust the cleat-to-block angle because now the mainsheet cleats too easily. The axis on my block is not a regular flathead screw (in the above image) but an allen fitting. Will loosening that allen screw (it appears to be double-headed) allow me to adjust (reduce) the angle? My Harken is probably a Nautos or something Australian! Thanks much.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

how do you know if you have the ability to turn ratchet on or off?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:07 am 
Site Rank - Captain

The Allen wrench does the job on the cleat-angle adjustment - this non-Harken block is the same as that for the Getaway as far as I can tell. I don't see any adjusters on the central ratchet cog to control when/if it engages, so it looks like a permanent non-adjustable ratchet externally (I don't plan on totally disassembling the block to see if there's an internal adjustment)!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:12 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

amfoyle wrote:
The Allen wrench does the job on the cleat-angle adjustment - this non-Harken block is the same as that for the Getaway as far as I can tell. I don't see any adjusters on the central ratchet cog to control when/if it engages, so it looks like a permanent non-adjustable ratchet externally (I don't plan on totally disassembling the block to see if there's an internal adjustment)!

If it's like the Harken ratchamatic, the ratchet engages automatically when the sheet is under tension. On the triple, there is a hole in the middle sheave that you line up to access an allen head underneath to adjust the tension at which the ratchet engages. From Harken's website....

How do I adjust a Carbo Ratchamatic to engage the ratchet at a higher or lower load?
To increase or decrease the load at which the ratchet engages, first, move the sheave so the hole in the sheave’s groove is at the bottom of the block. Insert a 2.5 mm Allen wrench and turn clockwise to engage at higher loads and counterclockwise for lighter loads. You will need to remove the becket before adjusting if it is a becket block.