Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:42 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Well I sold my Wildy Ride 135 and upgraded to the Pro Angler 14. Man this is a boat with kayak flare! I love this thing. There is so much room and the vantage seat is the item that sold me the most. Long days in the Ride takes its toll on your rear so this seat is amazing. I can’t wait to get it out on the water this weekend. Spending Friday and Saturday rigging the beast so it will be a great weekend of fun!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:13 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

While doing the rigging, take the Vantage seat out and use it to have a couple of brews and admire your new PA :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:19 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Congrats! You'll love your new PA.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

You'll love it! I've had my PA14 for a couple of months now and have no regrets. Congrats and enjoy!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:50 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Congrats. The Vantage Seat is one of the biggest advantages of the PA over the new Slayer. But the Slayer seat is quite comfortable. I am still undecided on my next kayak as y'all can tell!

Sent from the dam phone using Tapatalk 2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:15 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I made the same upgrade earlier this year. I love my PA14. It is a beast but a trailer solved most of that issue. I am considering moving my transducers to the front on my yak to give me a warning when areas get to shallow. I have bent my masts on my drive unit once but it was no biggie. I was able to fix it in under 10 min. I am considering adding another creek yak to my arsenal but I'm sure the PA will still be my go to 95% of the time. Congrats and keep us posted on your rigging. It's amazing what some if the guys come up with on this forum.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:04 am 
Site Rank - Captain

I have started rigging my new PA and I must say it is the easiest boat I have ever rigged. Everything is thought out and the layout is fantastic. I will post some pictures on the weekend. I have some YaKAttack geartrax coming in on Saturday for the side boards. I mounted my Humminbird 598 and wired it into the boat. Mounted the battery in the back hatch by using the gear bucket as a holder but I just ordered the new battery holder for the hatch opening. It will hold the battery better back there :lol:

I plan on trolling and live bait fishing in it so I will be soon making a live bait cooler livewell. I plan on making it out of a 48qt cooler so any ideas would be appreciated. I want it to recirculate its on water because it gets very hot here in the south lol.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:52 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

badbill wrote:
I have started rigging my new PA and I must say it is the easiest boat I have ever rigged. Everything is thought out and the layout is fantastic. I will post some pictures on the weekend. I have some YaKAttack geartrax coming in on Saturday for the side boards. I mounted my Humminbird 598 and wired it into the boat. Mounted the battery in the back hatch by using the gear bucket as a holder but I just ordered the new battery holder for the hatch opening. It will hold the battery better back there :lol:

I plan on trolling and live bait fishing in it so I will be soon making a live bait cooler livewell. I plan on making it out of a 48qt cooler so any ideas would be appreciated. I want it to recirculate its on water because it gets very hot here in the south lol.

Welcome to the Pro Angler family!!

If you do not want to use a battery powered aerator, there is a hand pump model called Whale BP9005 Gusher Urchin Manual Bilge Pump that is found here: http://www.discountmarinesupplies.com/W ... 7AodB38AEQ. That's the route I will be going and will probably be building my livewell/baitwell in the next few weeks. That hand bilge pump moves 1 liter of water with each pump.

Post some pictures of your rigged PA when you're done. Everybody likes to see rigging ideas. Have a great weekend! I'll be fishing!!

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:14 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

badbill wrote:

A five gallon bucket with an aerator goes a long way. I fish offshore $99.9% of the time here in South Fla. I always bring pilchard or goggle eye. Sometimes both. Lately, I've been using two aerators just because I had a spare. Last week, I had 5 goggle eye in my bucket for 4-5 hours with no problem at all. Nothing was eating them that day so I ended up releasing the leftovers. No scooping water, changing water, etc... just the aerator. I've been doing that for 3 years with no problems. Just get the water resistant ones. They last longer.

Also, a rectangular cooler could be an issue because they will swim into the corners and wear themselves out. Circular containers are better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:40 am 
Site Rank - Captain

took the new pro angler out yesterday for the maiden voyage. All I can say is it is awesome! The boat is very stable and moves great. I even had to drag race a paddler... lol I won...

I will post some pictures of my rigging and my boat tonight :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:48 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Love this thing!