Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:38 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Can someone post the actual measured weight of his/her Rev 11 and sport? I was at a local dealer and lifted both boats. Rev 11 seems quite a bit heavier than the Sport. More than the published difference...

Please weigh it without the the mirage drive, paddle and seat. I found it more accurate to weigh an odd-shaped object by grabbing the boat and standing on the scale. Then weigh myself without the boat and do the math. Thanks.

Scott

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:35 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

hmmm this should be interesting. I had the Sport and upgraded to the Revo11. The Revo 11 feels easier to carry, but I dont know if its because its lighter, better balanced, or easier to hold because of the dedicated handles on each side. They are both very capable, compact kayaks.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:59 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

scott_home wrote:
Can someone post the actual measured weight of his/her Rev 11 and sport? Please weigh it without the the mirage drive, paddle and seat.
2014 Sport 52.5 # (new hull design)
2011 Sport 54 #
2012 Revo 11 57.5 #

All weighed both ways (boat only and me holding them) on my scale. Hulls clean, dry and empty. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:15 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Ok roadrunner just how many kayaks do you have, we all want to know.
Bob

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:29 pm 
Hobie Approved Guru

:lol: :lol: Just a few. Anytime I get to test or try a demo boat, I try to get an actual weight and dimensional measurement to compare with the published figures. I've been working on a review for the new Sport and have the data on my old Sport (which my wife made me sell to make room the the Revo 11), so this was an easy question to answer. 8)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:50 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Roadrunner wrote:
I've been working on a review for the new Sport and have the data on my old Sport (which my wife made me sell to make room the the Revo 11), so this was an easy question to answer. 8)

A comparo between the old sport and the new sport should be pretty good!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Thanks roadrunner. I am interested in knowing the difference between the two also.

I just bought a 2011 sport and have not taken it out to water yet. I tried both Rev 11 and Sport at a local demo event. It was a breezy day. The speed from my GPS on both boats are about 3.0 - 3.5 mph. No huge difference. When I stop pedaling , the breeze can push Rev 11 out of position a lot faster than the Sport. Being a fisherman, holding a boat in position is very important.

I am 5' 8" and 150 lbs. I sit well in either of the boats. I also tried Rev 13 that day. While it can go 4+ mph effortless, it is too big for me and I am sitting too high on it.

Happy kayaking!

Scott