Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:53 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I just installed the 78" bars on my Malone MicroSport trailer. I had just enough room to fit 2 Hobie Revolution 13s, 1 Hobie Outback, and 1 Hobie Pro Angler 12. They all fit like a glove. The total weight comes to just under 340lbs with the max trailer load being 355lbs.

I think it's going to haul just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:17 am 
Site Rank - Captain

May I ask how much for the trailer? Aru you planing on getting the Hobie cradle for the Pro Angler?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:19 am 
Site Rank - Captain

The Trailer cost 1500 and I will pass on the Pro Angler Cradles. I've been hauling my Pro Angler all summer and storing it on this trailer only using canoe non slip blocks and of course straps. I also have installed PVC on the trailers load bar to help me slide the PA on and off at the ramp.

I back down the ramp off load all kayaks and slide PA off into the water. When I go to leave all I have to do is slide the PA back on, install blocks, and strap down. I've fished most the summer up to four days a week and had no problems with dents, warping, or scratches.

Really these PA's are not very easy to warp. Just take care to keep out of direct sunlight when not in use and do not over tighten straps. I like to release the pressure on the straps while it is being stored too.

So far so good.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:33 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

C4PZL0K wrote:
I just installed the 78" bars on my Malone MicroSport trailer. I had just enough room to fit 2 Hobie Revolution 13s, 1 Hobie Outback, and 1 Hobie Pro Angler 12. They all fit like a glove. The total weight comes to just under 340lbs with the max trailer load being 355lbs.

I think it's going to haul just fine.

The Malone trailer has performed flawlessly for me and is so much more reliable than the sports trailer I purchased from a Moro bay co. that broke in half. That said the wiring needs some attention and I installed gromments at all thru frame openings. Also, installed the plastic wire loom and taped into rear lights. The cargo box is a bit flimsy but holds torqueedo controllers/chargers / kayak outerwear / water bottles ect. I made a plywood platform in front of cargo box for my stand-n fish /pontoons. I carry two revos 11 plus gear and around 330 pds. I have the upgraded wheels which have a higher load capacity but nothing is posted about increased gvwr.
Anyway ,trailer tracks perfectly and I added 78 in. bars for visibility when backing with my van. I use Malone saddles in front and marco saddles in back which allow the kayaks to slide on easily and then locked down with the Malone saddles. Absolutely, love the performance of the revo 11.
Pete

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:32 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for your insight :)

Yes, the Malone (Plano) cargo box is very flimsy. I agree with you 100%!