Hobie Cat Forums

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:49 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:23 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 4:40 am
Posts: 52
Location: Perth, Western Australia
The two red pouches are simply surplus Pflueger reel pouches, while the canvas side flap is a tool pouch that was supplied with the tool bag you see on the rear of the seat. I had planned to make the same thing with a strip of webbing screwed to the board, but the tool pouch was easily adapted to the need.

Image


On the inside of the boards, I mounted a tube to store my gaff hook and a place to hold the leader material I'm using on the day.

Image

Image


Cheers,
Graeme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:30 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 7
Kalgrm wrote:
The two red pouches are simply surplus Pflueger reel pouches, while the canvas side flap is a tool pouch that was supplied with the tool bag you see on the rear of the seat. I had planned to make the same thing with a strip of webbing screwed to the board, but the tool pouch was easily adapted to the need.

Image


On the inside of the boards, I mounted a tube to store my gaff hook and a place to hold the leader material I'm using on the day.

Image

Image
You could probably sell those! Zip ties are unreliable and break very easily IMO though


Cheers,
Graeme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:30 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Sun May 12, 2013 4:40 am
Posts: 52
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Bucsfanatic59 wrote:
You could probably sell those! Zip ties are unreliable and break very easily IMO though

Nah, too easy to make. Things only sell if they are easier to buy than they are to make.

Cable ties are not great over long periods, I agree. These ones are the UV resistant ones, but in any case, they are expendable. Chop 'em off after 3 months and put new ones on … takes all of 3 minutes. With six ties on each side-board, there is a little redundancy built in too.

Cheers,
Graeme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 10:31 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 7
Kalgrm wrote:
Bucsfanatic59 wrote:
You could probably sell those! Zip ties are unreliable and break very easily IMO though

Nah, too easy to make. Things only sell if they are easier to buy than they are to make.

Cable ties are not great over long periods, I agree. These ones are the UV resistant ones, but in any case, they are expendable. Chop 'em off after 3 months and put new ones on … takes all of 3 minutes. With six ties on each side-board, there is a little redundancy built in too.

Cheers,
Graeme



I don't have a saw, and I'm not very good at building things like this. If I can't find some tacklewebs, maybe I'll try to pay you to make me some lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 13, 2013 1:22 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 pm
Posts: 18
Bucsfanatic59 wrote:
Kalgrm wrote:
Bucsfanatic59 wrote:
You could probably sell those! Zip ties are unreliable and break very easily IMO though

Nah, too easy to make. Things only sell if they are easier to buy than they are to make.

Cable ties are not great over long periods, I agree. These ones are the UV resistant ones, but in any case, they are expendable. Chop 'em off after 3 months and put new ones on … takes all of 3 minutes. With six ties on each side-board, there is a little redundancy built in too.

Cheers,
Graeme



I don't have a saw, and I'm not very good at building things like this. If I can't find some tacklewebs, maybe I'll try to pay you to make me some lol


+1 a lot of people don't have the means to make a nice looking setup like that. Make a couple out of wood and a couple out of a lexon cutting board type of plastic and see how well they sell. I'm sure you'll be surprised how fast they go.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:05 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 5:55 am
Posts: 111
Location: Cary, NC
OK fellas...per Capt Mike, see below:

Thank you for your wait, the TackleWebs holsters for the Vantage seating is now available for purchase from our website:
http://www.tacklewebs.com/ssl_xcart/pro ... t=2&page=1

Capt. Mike Ortego
President / CEO
http://www.TackleWebs.com


Regards, JoeyB - PedalPirate


Last edited by joeyb on Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:07 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 186
Location: Charleston, SC
I saw this yesterday too! I ordered a set of side-holsters and one for the back of the seat. Can't wait to get them...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:16 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 am
Posts: 109
Location: Kissimmee, FL
I just ordered a pair for the Advantage Seat. The process of ordering was seamless. I am looking forward to now changing over my storage in the floor of the yak to the bucket system.

_________________
PA12 Dune
That is why they calling it fishing and not catching.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:56 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 7
I ordered a set earlier this week as well. Any of you guys get notification on when you will receive them?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:20 am 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 am
Posts: 109
Location: Kissimmee, FL
The one negative about ordering these is that they give you absolutely no information about shipping. My shipping cost to Central Florida is $9.66.

I believe you could ship these in a two day Priority Shipping box for much less than that through the US Post Office, and the box is provided for free to the shipper. No estimated arrival date and no tracking is provided. I hope this arrives in a timely manner to justify the extra cost.

_________________
PA12 Dune
That is why they calling it fishing and not catching.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:39 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:19 pm
Posts: 7
Lunker1 wrote:
The one negative about ordering these is that they give you absolutely no information about shipping. My shipping cost to Central Florida is $9.66.

I believe you could ship these in a two day Priority Shipping box for much less than that through the US Post Office, and the box is provided for free to the shipper. No estimated arrival date and no tracking is provided. I hope this arrives in a timely manner to justify the extra cost.


Yeah I noticed that too. I'm in Clearwater and ordered last Wednesday early morning. Although with the responses on his customer service, I wouldn't be surprised if it takes 2 weeks....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:41 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Admiral

Joined: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:30 am
Posts: 186
Location: Charleston, SC
Bucsfanatic59 wrote:
I ordered a set earlier this week as well. Any of you guys get notification on when you will receive them?


Mine are in transit - received the UPS tracking email today...

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:07 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Joined: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:09 pm
Posts: 18
Post up some pictures when they come in. I'm on the fence about getting these, and that little thumb nail picture on his website doesn't really show anything.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:39 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:24 am
Posts: 109
Location: Kissimmee, FL
I ordered and paid for mine on 9-20-13.

Today I received notice from UPS that they would deliver them by the end of business tomorrow, 9-27-13. I am in Central Florida.

_________________
PA12 Dune
That is why they calling it fishing and not catching.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: TackleWebs!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:30 pm 
Offline
Site Rank - Captain

Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 5:55 am
Posts: 111
Location: Cary, NC
Rec'd my order this afternoon.

All looks good...nice to have the extra storage. Will give them a ride this coming weekend.

Nice job Capt. Mike Ortego @ TackleWebs

Word of caution...be careful slinging those treble hooks around...these TackleWebs are great for storage but sure look like hook magnets!

Be safe out there gents!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mrfixit1 and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group