Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:01 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Plan to have Anchor Trolley installed $25.00, no charge to installed before I pick up Revo.

Looking into ordering the GT 90 Narrow Geartrac from a Yak Attack with backing in 12" lengths and 4" lengths to attach in areas both in front of the seat and behind the seat to allow to mount accesorries.

Any other Rigging ideas that are essential for a good fishing platform for a Revo w/o going overboard?

Also thoughts on upgrading to Turbo Fins, just concerned with longer fins being an issue when navigating water less than 2 a Feet in depth.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Turbo fins for sure. In more shallow water you simply "flutter" kick your Mirage Drive :!:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:14 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

If you want to stand in a Revo, you may want to add the Sidekicks.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:27 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I don't know where you will be fishing or how you like to fish. But I can describe what I would do on a Revo 13 front side ocean. I would keep it as minimal as possible. I would not get the gear tracks or sidekicks, and definitely no anchor trolley. Keep your weight down to bare minimal and your kayak as clean as possible for fish landings. I would get additional functional upgrades, like the turbo fins, sailing rudder, and a sail.
You can use the built in rod holders just fine, I wouldn't even add an extender, but obviously a leash is a necessity for anything not attached or tied down. If you need to troll two rods at the same time then the best thing is to add some kind of built in rod holder behind you that points the rods straight out from the kayak to give you more room between lines so as not to tangle around corners. Otherwise and/or fish different depths.

Get a feel for fishing out of the kayak before adding anything else. This will give you an idea of what you would want and where to put it.
For FF, camera/flag/nightlight, I like the railblaza accessories the best. Great diversity from transferring to different locations.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:45 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Turbo Fins & sailing rudder.....good start!
Inshore and back country fishing, without a doubt the anchor trolley.

Plus- Stakeout pole, YakAttack VISICarbon Pro (light/flag combo), leash for Mirage Drive, 4 & 8" GT90 GearTracs and RAM rod holders.
Maybe a YakAttack BlackPak, for all your storage & accessory mounting needs. :D

PS- buy Made in the USA....YakAttack & RAM (Raiblaza is from New Zealand).