Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 9:16 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

My furling line cam cleat popped out. It appears that the tapped holes were incorrectly sized. The SS screw-bolts came out without bending. The tapped threads appear to have been stripped as the screws pulled out.

Looking at the remaining cam cleats, the cam cleats consist of a fair lead, the cam cleat, a flat base, and a curved 'wedge' which seats on the cross bar.
Is the curved wedge the 'main cleat wedge #79531111' as mentioned in the parts catalog?

What puzzles me is that there is no mention in the catalog about the 'flat base' which is a separate item from the cam cleat mechanism. Is the cam cleat considered a two-part device which includes the flat base?

My 'state' dealer appears to have been sold or at least replaced the parts department personnel...after two phone calls...they don't seem to be able to determine exactly what is needed.

If I could give them ALL of the required Hobie Parts numbers, they could probably order the replacements for me.

As an aside, I wish that Hobie had a website where owners could order parts directly rather than having to go through dealers...who may not want to be 'bothered' with small purchases, especially when they have to be trans-shipped to the owners. I live a 2 1/2 hour drive from the nearest Hobie dealer and it is not worth an all day excursion to order parts that are never on hand.