Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:49 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:07 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Does Hobie have any plans for an after market seat like the Pro Anglers that will fit the revolution series?
I have read alot of reviews on them and they all complain about the soggy seat area.

At 130lbs I find that i end up with a soggy rear with the scupper plugs in or out. I tried the inflatable cushion, and while its more comfortable, it doesnt get you up enough to keep you from getting wet butt.

An after Market seat that raises you up a little would be perfect.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:56 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I'll second that. And it would be nice if the seat could fit older revos as well.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:34 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The Revolution is a kayak pretty much, while the PA well, isn't so much a kayak as it is a small boat. The Revo is fast and quick largely because of its size and width. But it comes at a price - raise yourself up too high in it and suddenly you're apt to stay upside down more than rightside up.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:32 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Baitbucket wrote:
Does Hobie have any plans for an after market seat like the Pro Anglers that will fit the revolution series?
I have read alot of reviews on them and they all complain about the soggy seat area.

At 130lbs I find that i end up with a soggy rear with the scupper plugs in or out. I tried the inflatable cushion, and while its more comfortable, it doesnt get you up enough to keep you from getting wet butt.

Yes, Baitbucket, the newer designed Revolution 13 as the Adventure Island have a tendency to hold water in the seating area. My older pre-2009 model Revolution 13 is high and dry, never an issue. But for some reason the seat was lowered below the water line. At least with the AI you can go to a skipper seat to keep your bum dry. I too would love to hear some suggestions as to keeping the bum dry in the newer Revolution 13. The problem with adding a higher seat to the Revolution 13 as the Adventure in non AI mode, would be that you now have changed the balance/stability of the Yak and are more susceptible to rolling over in rougher conditions.
Here are some of the non related suggestion on other models that I have read on here.
1. One way siphon added to drain scupper holes.
2. Cut out a padded kick board for an extra inch higher. Sew into a new pouch attached to the existing seat.

8)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:16 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just curious if anyone has come up with an after market solution for keeping dry.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:17 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Just curious if anyone has come up with an after market solution for keeping dry.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:45 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Baitbucket wrote:

CR Yaker wrote:
Baitbucket wrote:

Here are some of the non related suggestion on other models that I have read on here.
1. One way siphon added to drain scupper holes.
2. Cut out a padded kick board for an extra inch higher. Sew into a new pouch attached to the existing seat.

Use this when pedaling my son's Revo 11, has worked well and doesn't really seem to screw up the center of gravity too much...wouldn't want to go any higher though (me- 6' 225lbs).

*Note- mine is actually a gardener's knee-board.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 12:07 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

You can add a second Hobie seat pad using the peg holes. Raises you slighty & gives extra padding.

I dislike the Hobie seat so I got a Skwoosh high back seat & mounted the old Hobie seat pad below the Skwoosh pad. Had to melt holes through the Skwoosh webbing at the Hobie peg holes, then bolted the pads together. This was on an i12s, so you'd just use the pegs to hold the pads together on a Revo (I assume).