Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:17 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I am having an issue with my evolve motor purchased from my dealer in the Philippines via Hobie Australia 4 months ago. A warranty claim was filed 2 weeks ago but apparently there is still zero reply from Hobie and I am getting worried if my problem will be taken care off at all.

What is your experience on how Hobie in Australia handles warranty issues? Are you happy with the speed of response for warranty claims?

Please share your experiences.

Peace
Serbi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:23 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Serbi,
I have met Steve Field, CEO of Hobie Australasia, and he has acted in a most honourable way. In additipn, the company stands out as a beacon for its excellent behaviour regarding warranty issues

I would suggest that you sit back and enjoy, as they look after you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:07 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Tony,

if I would have the phone number of Hobie Australia's CEO in my contacts I knew whom to call and wouldn't be worried at all :D

I do hope though that they do extend their "great customer service" not just to the customers in Australia but also to the Hobie owners in Southeastasia. (which falls under Hobie Australia's responsibility and certainly will be the market with the biggest growth potential).

Up to now (even though my dealer sends them several reminders) nobody took care yet and I am eagerly awaiting their feedback...

Will I have the chance to use my evolve during my new year vacation? hmm - will let you know.

Peace
Serbi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:48 am 
Site Admin

Understand a couple of things...

The Torqeedo motor is warrantied by Torqeedo and not Hobie Cat. We act as agents to assist in the process for this product, so we do not have the right to make decisions regarding it. If the issue is related to the mounting system "eVolve" components... we can easily make the decision. They are most likely waiting for response from Torqeedo.

Second, Hobie Australasia has just finished hosting the Hobie Fishing Worlds tournament which was a huge event (http://www.hobiefishingworlds.com/)

I'm sure they are on it! Sorry for the delay.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:36 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

serbi wrote:
Tony,

if I would have the phone number of Hobie Australia's CEO in my contacts I knew whom to call and wouldn't be worried at all :D

I do hope though that they do extend their "great customer service" not just to the customers in Australia but also to the Hobie owners in Southeastasia. (which falls under Hobie Australia's responsibility and certainly will be the market with the biggest growth potential).

Up to now (even though my dealer sends them several reminders) nobody took care yet and I am eagerly awaiting their feedback...

Will I have the chance to use my evolve during my new year vacation? hmm - will let you know.

Peace
Serbi

Hi Serbi,

I will now follow up.
Best regards
Steve Fields

http://www.hobiecat.com.au

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:06 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

For what it's worth, I have had to return my eVolve2 twice to Hobie/Torqeedo for warranty repairs. Torqeedo repair center (state of Illinois in the US) has been very responsive to analyze, repair & return. I will say that having the contact number for Torqeedo area rep has significantly reduced the Q&A & feedback concerning the warranty issues.

My only complaint is that the turnaround time in both instances were excessive from my selfish point of view...30 days+ from time of shipment to return of shipment...I would have liked to be on the water with the motor those 60 days...but Torqeedo/Hobie made it right both times.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:33 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Little update on my warranty problem with the evolve...it seems since 10 days my dealer is waiting for an answer from hobie australia who will shoulder the freight charges to send the evolve to a torqueedo service center. Motor is now down since 4 weeks and still no clear direction when it will be repaired or who will repair it...still at the shop of my dealer (who in the past gave an excellent service).

...am not optimistic at all to be able to use the motor during my new years vacation....

Peace
Serbi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:30 am 
Site Admin

In the US we have dealers get in direct contact with the Torqeedo service centers. No reason for us to be the middle man in a warranty involving their product with the understanding that the eVolve is just a mount system for Torqeedo. Also understand that the "service centers" are not Torqeedo facilities, but shops that contract to do the service work.

I will ping our Torqeedo contacts about the issue down there.

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)