Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:06 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:04 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Old Timer,

I had nothing to do with the PA12 kit which is what you have. Appreciate the kind words regardless...lol. The pads you have put on look very nice and really compliment your setup. I see where you had tried my route for the under seat storage but switched to a tackle web type holder for the 2 tackle boxes under the seat. That arrangement might be easier than my shock cord setup as you're pulling the tackle boxes forward and out of storage pockets without having to release a shock cord.

I like the compass idea as I used to always have one on my larger boats similar to the one you have. I also see you use 2 of the taco style paddle clips in the back like I do. Do you use one for the paddle an done for a net? Nice looking PA12 :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2015 Pro Angler 14 - Papaya
2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 6:33 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I made the web pocket for under the seat to free up the floor. I like to raise the seat and stand up leaning against the back and sides of the seat. I find this to be pretty stable. I tried the H-bar but found that my fly line went right into the Mirage well. I returned it and find leaning against the seat works out well for me.

The clips are for my paddle and for a stake out pole (park'n pole by Yakattack). I tend to use the ersatz boga grip (shown clipped to floor under the seat) in lieu of a net.

The compass is where it is because I couldn't read it when I had it up on the forward hatch cover. My eyes ain't what they used to be. If you are a big guy the compass might be in the way of big feet when peddling. It works well for my size 11's.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 3:21 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I sent the following email to Paige Brewer re: the SeaDek "kit" for the Hobie - Mirage Pro Angler 12

Hi Paige,

I'm interested in the SeaDek "kit" for the Hobie - Mirage Pro Angler 12, but I have several questions for you........

Hobie - Mirage Pro Angler 12

Price: $110.00

OverviewInstallationFeaturesAvailable ColorsPhotosVideosShipping & Returns

This is a 5mm thick after-market non-skid kit for a Hobie - Mirage Pro Angler 12 kayak foot well. Made from SeaDek's comfortable yet durable EVA material it features thermoformed embossing for exceptional wet/dry traction, bevelled edges for a finished look and feel as well as our marine grade peel and stick adhesive for a quick and simple installation.

Part #: 17001

** After reading the description, it appears the only colors that are available for the Hobie Pro Angler 12 are "Storm Gray" and "Army Camo" ---- is that correct?

** I counted 13 pieces of SeaDek in this "kit" --- are all 13 pieces pre-cut; and if so, is there any additional cutting that will need to be made for DIY installation?

** The SeaDek diagram depicts only one piece (#5) under the Hobie Pro Angler 12 Vantage Seat ---- is that correct (should there be two pieces?)

Thanks,

The following is Paige's response:

Hi Steve-
Thank you for your interest in SeaDek. The Pro Angler 12 does come with a quantity of 2 item #5’s . I apologize to diagram not being updated, I have attached the updated version. Online we offer the pad in Storm Gray and Army Camo for our stock colors, however, if you would like another color you may do so by ordering custom through me. It would take about 3 weeks for a custom color pad to be made for you as I would need to have a 1 up file made for you. The charge for the kit in a nonstock color is $149.95 + shipping. Please let me know if I can assist you further. Thank you.

Paige Brewer
End User Sales
SeaDek, Inc.

321-806-4387 Direct
321-632-4466 Customer Service
321-632-7019 Fx

Email Logo 2
www.seadek.com

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:31 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I let SeaDek know that they left out one of the pads under the seat in their original PA12 kit since Joe only got one with his. It looks like they are providing 2 pads now based on the communication above. I suggested to one of the owners that they offer the camel color in the basic kit (solid color with no edge color) as the camel color would work well with the Papaya Yellow, Olive Green or Dune colors.

It sounds like a few more folks are ordering some SeaDek for their PAs. Post your pictures here if you add it to your ride! :D

Here are a couple of shots from my last time out. Really liking the material. It cleans very well, even for fish blood.

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:44 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Steve - what clips are you using for your stake out/push pole? I just picked up a set of these and were gonna try em' out with my Superstick push pole

http://www.endroad.com/index.php/quick- ... clamp.html

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:47 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

phlyry wrote:
Steve - what clips are you using for your stake out/push pole? I just picked up a set of these and were gonna try em' out with my Superstick push pole

http://www.endroad.com/index.php/quick- ... clamp.html

They are the ParkNPole Clips by Yak Attack. Hook1 has them for $5 a pair. Comes with the screws. Really like them as they hold the SOP securely. Not as secure as one of those Quick Fist clamps, but they work for me. Here's a link to the page.

http://kayakfishinggear.com/comingsoon- ... 1-3-2.aspx

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:19 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

The kit for the 2012 PA14 shipped today. I should have it the first of the week so I'll be posting pictures of the 2012 PA14 with the custom SeaDek installed. SeaDek ran short of the 3mm black they use to sandwich with the 3mm Camel top color for my order. They offered to use 5mm black so the kit would not be delayed, but I didn't want it that thick. Decided to swap out the black with a mocha color. So the 2012 PA14 will be camel with a mocha trim and mocha logos. Should look awesome! :D

SeaDek Fishing Team
Unfair Lures Pro Staff
Ziptailz Ambassador

2018 Compass - Sea Grass

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:44 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Any news on the 2012 PA14 install? I'm anxious to see, so I can get mine too. :D