Selling our 1988 H16 after having for the last two years. We have moved to Atlanta and just have no where to keep it. Also have baby on the way, so little time. This boat has been fantastic, and has helped to share the sailing bug with my wife. Here are details:
-1988 matching hulls, no soft spots, gelcoat in good condition. Few spider cracks on decks from straps. Very little water after a day of hard ocean sailing.
-All black anodized frame and mast
-Comptip mast with new sail track.
newly epoxied this summer.
-Sails are Hobie issue, likely not original, still pretty crisp.
-Fiberglass racing rudders in great shape.
- New rudder cams this summer
-Harken 6:1 main blocks
-new Trentec jib cars and traveler system
- All sheets and lines in good condition
-Aussie jib Halyard
- Hawiian righting system
- White Vinyl tramp, still in good shape. 1-2 years left on it depending on storage.
- all standing rigging replaced with Hobie 2012
- double trapeze system, all new
galvanized, with storage box and DIY sail tube.
Added tied down points- no straps over hulls
4 new rollers
Mast stand with winch to help raise mast
Lighting newly wired this summer
Tires and bearings in good shape- I have trailered to Destin twice from TN with no issues
Two spare tires
- two Hobie Butt Buckets
- extras of most every piece of standing rigging and lines
- assortment of extra pins, clips, rings, etc.
- too much to list, two big Rubbermaid bins of extras
This boat is ready to go, possibly even raced. I have not sailed next to another H16, but have had this boat over 21mph on GPS on several occasions. With a little tuning, and some know how, I imagine could be decently competitive.
Asking $2,200. Call Jason 423-774- five nine one three
Boat is being stored in Cartersville, GAhttp://flic.kr/s/aHsjEKsJsh