Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 88  Next
PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:34 am 
Site Rank - Captain

NOHUHU wrote:
I was hoping for action shots of the Haka.

As you can see, I'm workin on it Nohuhu! :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:20 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

proyak wrote:
NOHUHU wrote:
I was hoping for action shots of the Haka.

Here R some pics - sorry got no GoPro gizmo! :cry:

Just as the 3 wise men from the east longed to look upon the Savior’s face,
Karen and I also long to see Him face to face!
Meanwhile we are praising Him for His loving-kindness to us 365 days of the year!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:46 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Very nice, proyak.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:48 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Terry wrote:
Very nice, proyak.

Thanks Terry, but I need to make a slight mod for passenger comfort and stability. I'm going to add adjustable/removeable foot stops/braces (sort of like a gas pedals, (or 'petrol pedals' for you down-unders!) to the spine board hand hold-holes. I'll post pics soon!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:08 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I look forward to seeing your photos. Merry Christmas!

proyak wrote:
Terry wrote:
Very nice, proyak.

Thanks Terry, but I need to make a slight mod for passenger comfort and stability. I'm going to add adjustable/removeable foot stops/braces (sort of like a gas pedals, (or 'petrol pedals' for you down-unders!) to the spine board hand hold-holes. I'll post pics soon!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:27 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Aloha all.........I have had my TI for a few months now and have done some modifications. My first was to make these haka platforms of my own design. Very simple: Just 1X12s and 2X2s. They provide a very nice versatile large area that will accommodate people or whatever you might like to carry. Not too heavy at 20lbs each. The inch and a half slots make great hand holds, bungee points and provide a place for wind to go so they don't catch as much air as the factory tramps and keep your buns from dragging in the water.[img][IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af290/KonaTI/IMG_2992_zpsfa93c224.jpg[/img][/img]

I have used them a lot and they function very well. I would love to find some aluminum planking to cut the weight down though. This only my second post ....I hope I have gotten the picture posting correct .
[img][IMG]http://i1016.photobucket.com/albums/af290/KonaTI/IMG_2989_zps0e6e4f4b.jpg[/img][/img]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:42 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

KonaTI2 wrote:
Aloha all.........I have had my TI for a few months now and have done some modifications.

Kona, I smiled when I saw the swimming pool ladder you hung off the side of a haka! There's no end to the useful things one can add to these amazing little craft! Now you have me thinking as to how I can mount my bar-b-que so I can enjoy my fresh fish! :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:07 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

proyak wrote:
Here R some pics - sorry got no GoPro gizmo! :cry:

Do you any more info on the seats you have on your hakkas?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 7:18 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

"Do you any more info on the seats you have on your hakas?"

WEST MARINE
Go-Anywhere Seat 2 (weigh 6 lbs. & $62 ea.)

nb. The 5-position ratcheting hinge is great!

Model # 10385656 | Manuf. # 99016

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/st ... r40T_RDvwk

Sorry John_h I forgot ur down-under and don't have WEST MARINE :cry:

Last edited by proyak on Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:51 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

ProYak..........The ladder is actually the one off the boat I sold. I want to have it for when I take 3 or 4 people snorkeling. It will make on and off sooo much easier. I also think it will come in handy if I decide to scuba from the TI.

Last time out the other day the BBQ idea did come to mind. You are right with a platform like this there are so many possibilities. I am making a couple of removable flush mount rod holders to bolt on the end of the outside platform plank.

Now I just need to figure out how to post the picture in the post....I hate the learning curve!

Aloha :D

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:21 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Send your pics to PHotobucket or similar and then bring them here with [img]in%20front%20and[/img] at the back.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:05 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

proyak wrote:

Sorry John_h I forgot ur down-under and don't have WEST MARINE :cry:

Yeah, doesn't appear to be anything like those seats available here. :cry:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:56 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Going to make my haka bench seat with atv loading ramps bought the tri. fold ramp at Harbor Freight Tools for $75.00 (with 25% discount you can get in any magazine) each section weights less then 10 pounds the rungs are only 6" apart. Each section will hold 500 pounds.

Will be making a comfort pad for it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:13 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

A little late to the party but,,,,I am getting ready to make some hakas and a rear quarter deck for my TI...I have read most of this thread...WOW..!!! I love all the ideas. I am thinking of making some hakas out of wood and like KayakBob's set. I also like the rear quarter deck made out of PVC. I want to keep my tramps on at the same time as some new hakas.

Thanks to NOHUHU and KayakingBob for your inspiration.

Do you really need to make the rear quarter deck out of such large PVC??

Thank you all...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 01, 2014 8:10 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

What an amazing discussion on Haka construction/attachment. I am truly blown away by the creativity of Adventure Island devotees. Back on page 50 is a picture of my Little Giant Haka system used during the 2013 Everglades Challenge. One week before the event I decided that tramps were not a great idea for storage because of the risk of catching air under the tramps in the extreme conditions likely to be encountered during the trip. While researching tramp options I came upon this discussion. Had I not been in a hurry to come up with a solution, I probably would have constructed the hakas out of wood. The Little Giant scaffold planks were a quick and dirty solution. I used heavy wall vinyl tubing to protect the akas and to provide some cushioning and grip for the rigid planks. The planks came with hooks at both ends, actually designed to engage a scaffold frame. The hooks at the bow end of the planks prevented the ad hoc hakas from drifting aft in the heavy seas encountered during the EC. The adjustable bungee cords not only anchored the hakas firmly to the amas, but also worked wonderfully for securing the daggerboard, pedal drive (also secured with a retractable cable) and spare paddle. I secured dry bags to the windward haka with additional bungees and bungeed foam pads to the hakas when sitting outside the cockpit. Despite the heavy seas and high winds encountered during the trip, the little giant hakas performed flawlessly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1315 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 59, 60, 61, 62, 63, 64, 65 ... 88  Next