Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

I have an outback kayak.

When I want to go faster or peddling against a current I hold on to the mid boat carrying handle. After a couple of hours, my right wrist starts to ache because of the angle of the handle.

Does anyone know of an adjustment/addition that can be made to that handle to alleviate the pressure on the wrist ?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 8:26 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Install turbo fins and make sure your seat back adjustment straps are not slipping and that is causing you to be leaning back/aft too much.

It sounds like you are holding on to the carrying handles because you are leaning to far backwards.....yes?

I found that my seat back, plastic "strap slide adjuster" did not fully secure the strap and they would slip, causing me to lean back/aft too far.....I solved the problem by tying a " 1/2 knot slip loop" with the tail end of the strap so it would stop against the slide adjuster. That prevented the strap to no longer slip in the adjuster.
If I wanted to adjust the seat back position, I simply pulled on the tail end of the strap and it would come undone for seat back repositioning....then re-tie the 1/2 slip knot again.
Think of tying a 1/2 bow knot in your shoe lace....that is the knot I am trying to describe,....click on http://www.southee.com/Knots/Knots_Miscellaneous.htm and scroll down to #22 or ABOK #529
This simple solution worked for me :idea:

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:23 am 
Hobie Approved Guru

brigguy wrote:
Does anyone know of an adjustment/addition that can be made to that handle to alleviate the pressure on the wrist ?
You can try these -- put them wherever you like: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=44559&p=188665&hilit=#p188665

Or these (install them on pad-eyes anywhere): viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9077&p=46577&hilit=#p46577
8)