Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:05 am 
Site Rank - Captain

So we are trying to find a one peice splash suit. Just the other week I baught an old hobie one peice plush suit on eBay that is brand new old stock for only $45 for my girlfriend. The guy only had one small suit. We are trying to find somthing similar to those old suits. I found the crewsaver one peice splash suit online but I have to order it from uk. Does anyone have a crewsaver suit? Do they like it? It seems that not many of the companies like gull and some others sell a one peice. They have lots if pants and jackets. We want a one piece so we can get dumped in the water and get wet only in the arms and the lower legs, and we deffinetly don't have the money to get a dry suit. We want to stay below the $100. We purchased motorcycle rain suits but it has vents under the arms and on the chest so we will get very wet if we take a dive. What do you guys have? We sail in SoCal so it's not to cold for the most part. Thanks so much!!

1981 Hobie 16 cat fever

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 4:15 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Some of the old Hobie clothing is pretty neat. I often see pieces being sold on feebay (ebay) in the us but not seeing a splash suit for some time. Best of luck finding one.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:00 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Check out OS Systems drysuits. I dont own one (I have a Kokatat Goretex) but I do know Dry Suits are freakin awesome in cold water/air. If its cold enough you want to wear a splash suit...you should have a wetsuit on under it for the swim. At that point I would waaaaaay rather be rocking a drysuit. My Kokatat is 15+ years old...still looks like new and they will replace or repair for life. Worth the extra coin imho. On the other hand the OS Systems are about the cheapest dry suits out there I think. Keep in mind...anything not breatheable will be pretty stuffy to wear all day.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:25 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

I've had the same problem. After wearing out a set of the hobie blue ones, I've been using a Gill suit for the past 8 years? which needs replacing (too many repairs now) and could not find one make by the top guys, Gill, Gull etc. there is one in the UK from sailboats.co.uk called a Crewsaver which I still may look into getting, but at the moment, I've resorted to buying pants which I got at a good price in Galveston.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:10 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Thanks for the response guys. It looks like crewsaver might be the only option. Does anyone have one they could share if they like it? They are not to expensive. They are about $60-70 with $20 shipping from uk.

1981 Hobie 16 cat fever