Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:05 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Adjustable/telescopic/removable sounder mount does not interfere with sailing lines, pedaling, hatch access, or landing of 4' kingfish!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:58 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Great job on this mod! I also used pvc to mount my skipper seat and it is a great way to go. Ive thought about the possible storage/mount capabilities and this is great! Its hard to see your seat mount did you mold the pvc at all? I used a heat gun for a perfect fit after my seat was mounted to the pvc rails.......endless possibilities with pvc, especially when you start molding it :mrgreen:

-Jeff

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:27 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Deepbluesilence wrote:
Great job on this mod! I also used pvc to mount my skipper seat and it is a great way to go. Ive thought about the possible storage/mount capabilities and this is great! Its hard to see your seat mount did you mold the pvc at all? I used a heat gun for a perfect fit after my seat was mounted to the pvc rails.......endless possibilities with pvc, especially when you start molding it :mrgreen:

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff.
No I did not need to mould the pvc, I just selected the size of pipe that fit the kayak groove best.
See my previous post "Islands skipper seat & rod holder combo ~ simple as 1, 2, 3"

Richard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:45 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Great setup you have there cant believe i missed the other seat thread....ill have to throw up some pics of my seat setup, hopefully ill have time this week to do that an build my quarter deck. Your cotter pin setup is a great solution to keeping the seat in place.....mine uses figure nine carabiners to tension ropes i believe i got the idea off the bird of prey AI

Great spot you have there too! I used to live in boca, you better get offshore for some sailfish action!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:17 am 
Site Rank - Captain

Deepbluesilence wrote:

Great spot you have there too! I used to live in boca, you better get offshore for some sailfish action!

Yesterday my wife and I drifted and trolled some ballyhoo about a mile out but no takers! :(

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:52 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

Live goggle eyes under a kite :twisted: :mrgreen: