Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:09 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Love the little Trailex Trailers but in a recent purchase of a TI it came on the SUT 200 model trailer. That model has no springs but instead uses under inflated tires (15lbs) as shocks/springs. While OK for the AI I feel the TI loaded with gear might be a bit much. Don't get me wrong it gets the job done but the SUT350 is listed in the catalog for use by a single TI while the SUT 200 is for a single AI.

Anyway, Is there a parts kit available to upgrade the SUT200 into a 350 model? A spring kit or something?

If not, do I risk overloading the smaller trailer with the TI? Understand that that is how the dealer setup the package and everything bought at one time back a few years ago.

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:04 pm 
Site Admin

We originally sold the 200 as a TI, so it does work.

Contact Trailex direct for any options. We don't carry the trailers here (they drop ship from Ohio) and we don't have parts for them.

Trailex.com

Trailex Inc
1 Industrial Park Drive
Canfield, Ohio 44406
Phone: 800-282-5042
Fax: 330-533-9118
Local: 330-533-6814
Email: [email protected]

Hobie Cat USA
(Retired 11/7/2022)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:42 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

You can't convert a 200 to a 350 - the main beams are completely different, it would essentially become a complete new trailer.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:32 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Jbernier wrote:
You can't convert a 200 to a 350 - the main beams are completely different, it would essentially become a complete new trailer.

Thanks, That was what I was afraid of hearing. Hobie lists the rigged weight of a TI at 195 lbs. so a Trailex with a 200lb capacity puts it an ice chest away from exceeding the limit. Boat will also have weight of the tramps and a Toqueedo motor & battery. Luckily I won't be towing it too far.

I did contact the manufacturer and got this reply from Ken Montgomery:

" I apologies for taking so long to get back with you on this. Right I am working on a couple of new products that’s taking all my time. Get with me the end of February first of March I might have a conversion kit available then for your trailer. If for some reason we get to it sooner I'll contact you. Have a great day!

Best regards,

Ken"

So, who knows, at least there may be a way. Will update in case others are interested.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 3:15 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

I'd be interest as well. I ended up putting a torsion axle under the trailer but even now it's simply too stiffly sprung for my AI. The other Trailex trailer is almost perfect for either. It flexes nicely under their weight.