Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:15 pm 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

For those of you in Michigan and the northern Midwest, or maybe just planning a vacation to our beautiful state... We have finalized our 2014 schedule. All the details and NORs are on our website: http://cramsailing.com/regattas/schedule.

Our club is growing and we've added both new and veteran sailors to our outings, and that's both men and women! All sailors and skill levels are welcome to sail with us. If you're interested in improving your game, the best way to do it is to compete, so don't be put off by a race, it's just a fun way to measure our sailing skills from year to year. If you play golf, do you stay out on the range every time? No! you get out and measure yourself on the course. Sailing is no different. I've been told you'll learn more sailing in a regatta weekend than you would in an entire season by yourself. I believe it!

I want to stress that all beach cats and sailors of all abilities are welcome. We have everything from 40yr old H16s, H18s to brand new A's and F18s.

Being a new sailor myself and sailing in my first Regatta with CRAM last year, I was hooked! I think you'll find we are a very friendly, supportive and laid back group! We're all out there to enjoy ourselves and would love to meet you!

Really looking forward to a great season of sailing! Hope to see you out there.

cramsailing.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:36 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Thanks for posting this Christy. I am going to try to make a few events this year, and am 100% committed to the first CRAM event. It will be my first racing ever, and my crew will be my 'even more inexperienced that I am' daughter. I am racing a 35 year old H16, and am begging for some other H16's to attend. They keep telling me that no experience is needed. :)

The rest of the summer is up in the air with my youngest son graduating this year, but I will get to as many as I can.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:48 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Yes! Let's get a H16 fleet out there. That makes 3 boats so far that plan on being there. I look forward to meeting you guys.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 7:36 pm 
Site Rank - Old Salt

We sailed our first regatta this weekend at Caseville 1 and had an absolute blast! The CRAM folks were very welcoming and lots of fun. Now we're shifting around our schedules for the summer to make sure we can go to all of the regattas.

North Cape is in 2 weeks on June 21st and 22nd. We'll be there and I'm hoping to get a couple more H16's out so that we can have our own start and scoring.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:51 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Caseville 2 is this weekend! Looks to be a large turnout. It's not too late to sign up if you're interested in sailing. First CRAM regatta is free.

Caseville II Regatta July 11th-13th, 2014

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:29 am 
Site Rank - Old Salt

Caseville was a great time. That 6-7 hour drive is totally worth it to sail with the CRAM group. This was only our third regatta and I feel like we're learning a lot. We even got first place in the high Portsmouth fleet!

Muskegon is in two weeks. Come on out Hobie people! It would be great to have some more colorful sails out on the water.