Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:43 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2014 9:33 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hello all,

With the postponement of the 2014 Hobie 18, 20, Tiger/ wildcat North Americans originally scheduled for Huntington Lake, California, Division 4 has stepped up to the plate to ensure that an event does happen for this year. We have made arrangements for the event to happen during the same date period (August 4-8) with a change of venue to Cascade Locks Oregon. This area is host to some of the best sailing in the US and home to many national and international championship events. With the help of the Columbia Gorge Racing Association, we anticipate a great week of sailing. Follow THIS LINK for information and directions about the Gorge and the area.
I know there have been some concerns regarding the conditions there especially for new or novice sailors and for some of the classes. With this in mind, we have proposed a wind limit of 18-20 knts sustained, to be enforced at the RO's discretion. Our goal is also to start and finish racing before the wind thermals really take off. Safety of the sailors is our major concern here, and we don't want people to damage boats. We are also considering separating the fleets into A and B fleets. The B fleet would race in the more manageable conditions. This would allow the novice sailors to join the 'party' in conditions that are more suited to their skills without degrading the competition for the more experienced sailors.
We are putting a time limit (July 1st) for the H20/ Tiger/ Wildcat classes to have a fleet registered for inclusion in the event. If there is anybody wishing to sail a H18 instead, please contact me about possible charter boats.

The NOR can be downloaded here: 2014 H18 NOR

The link to the Division 4 Webpage for registration is here: 2014 H18 REGISTRATION

I know Scott was hoping to see 25-30 boats on the line for his event, let's see if we can come close to the same and help with the resurgence of the H18 as a competitive racing class.
If there are any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me either through this forum or by personal email: pevenden at telus dot net

We look forward to seeing you there!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 6:27 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

As the time draws closer, we are seeing some registrations come in. Already there are 3 H20's registered, but we need more to make it a viable option for the class to be involved.
The link to the Division 4 Webpage for registration is here: Registration
If if you can forward payment by paypal or cheque (it must be received by july 1), please fill out the registration form so we know you are planning to come. It helps with our organization.

We look forward to seeing you there!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:23 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

H20 sailors all!!
If you are planning to attend the NA's at Cascade Locks, we need to know. At this point in time there is only 4 boats registered, not enough for a fleet or start... or a championship event for that matter. If you want it to happen, you must make it happen, we are only creating the opportunity.
If you are coming , we need to have you register. If you want the swag.. you have to register by july 1. That's when we are going to tally the numbers. If you don't want to pay more money, you have to register by July 1 (I hate paying more when I don't have to!)

Come out, support your class, join the party!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 6:44 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hi everyone... the time is drawing close for the early registrations to end, then it's starts to cost more money! Now, I don't have a problem if it's going to cost you more money, but I would if it were me.

We are now up to 7 H20's and 11 H18's registered. I am aware of 1 or 2 more H20's to register and 4 or 5 H18's to register. Thanks to all who have registered so far, we have some great sponsors on board so far with more to come! (I think there's a beer sponsor in there too!)

If you havn't registered yet, don't wait. I know some of you have replied that you can't make it... we understand.. but your loss! :)

for those who have registered... there are many incomplete registrations.. mostly crew names and HCA numbers. Remember, BOTH SKIPPER AND CREW MUST BE HCA MEMBERS. If you know your crew already, please make sure they are a membership before coming to the event. It makes our job a lot easier and less paperwork for you when you do register. I will be reminding those individuals in a week or so.. it's easy to do, just follow this link..... http://www.hcanamembers.com/

we do have a couple of young lads, excellent sailors, who would like to participate, so if you are looking for able crew... let me know right away!

that's it for now.....

paul

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:24 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Hey all... so below is the list... as of July 1st...
We have 8 H20's and 14 H18's signed up to play... and I know of 1 more H18 to sign up.
If your name is not on the list and it should be, send me an email to [email protected]
If you want to be on the list and are procrastinating, I'm going to give you to July 4th, this Friday, to sign up at the Early bird Rate...
Now's your chance if you've been humming and hawing...
The event is a go... for both fleets... so if you're wavering... STOP. and come out and play with us!

H20 Al Leonard Steve Lawlor USA
H20 Ben Brown USA
H20 Frank Ternullo Patricia Long USA
H20 George Pedrick Eugenia Harris USA
H20 Jacob Sailer USA
H20 Mark Lewis Tiffany Lewis USA
H20 Mark Zimmer Kim Cooper USA
H20 Mikey Howser Fei Ren USA

H18 Brett Peterson Christine Peterson USA
H18 Cal Bridge CAN
H18 Chris Bradshaw USA
H18 Doug Weston Alexandra Edgar CAN
H18 Gillian Thomson Ruth Branscombe CAN
H18 Jerry Valeske Valerie Pioszak USA
H18 Jim Doty Jr Barbie Doty USA
H18 Jim Sohn USA
H18 Ken Marshack Stan Breed USA
H18 Paul Evenden Tawnya-Dhaun Fox CAN
H18 Peter Nelson Laura Sullivan USA
H18 Scott Erwin Kathy Erwin USA
H18 Shaun Roberts Paul Thiesen CAN
H18 Thomas Sinnickson USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2014 6:29 pm 
Site Rank - Admiral

Thanks to all who attended!. We had 18 H18's and 9 H20's.. great winds, a couple of evening sails (had to wait for the wind to calm down a bit... ) and one early am sail (have you ever started racing at 8am? I hadn't before!) before the wind picked up! 14 races and close competition. A few torn sails, broken stuff that never breaks and time off to see some of the great sights in the area... Thanks to our hosts, Columbia Gorge Racing Association, all the volunteers, and the sailors who made the trip!

See you next year at Huntington Lake!