Return to Hobie.com
Hobie Forums
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:58 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Upgraded Paddle
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 11:22 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

Went fishing the other weekend and lost my hobie half paddle. I had already been thinking about getting a new paddle and well this made it happen. I was looking for something that was a bit longer to use while standing up as well as while sitting down to control the boat when going through the mini rapids I go through from time to time. I called every kayak shop in town and several out of town and also a few manufacturers. The same result just buy a regular paddle and use it the way a paddle is to be used. Even after I explained in detail what I was trying to get out of a paddle which was to be able to use it sitting and standing like a SUP paddle. Well after searching for a couple weeks I found this SUP shop that carried a paddle that might fit what I was looking for. I ended up with this carbon fiber SUP paddle that is adjustable from 68-83". http://checkout.supatx.com/sup-paddles/ ... addle.html

So I had a chance this past weekend to test it out and it works perfect. Sitting down the paddle at the lowest setting lets you paddle through the water effortlessly, as well as when you stand you don't have to bend down to paddle. Best part of the deal was the price, I paid $200 out the door. Was nice the guy working gave an extra $15 off with an online coupon.

If you are looking for a paddle to stand up and or sit down in the PA I would suggest this one.

Post subject: Re: Upgraded Paddle
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 5:50 am 
Site Rank - Admiral

Good looking SUP paddle!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:34 am 
Site Rank - Deck Hand

I use a lightweight combo. I can switch from paddle to pole to SUP to stake in a matter of seconds.

http://www.onthewatersports.com/accessories.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:34 pm 
Site Rank - Captain

This is the best paddle I have ever seen and it does everything that i need it to.
http://accentpaddles.com/?product=transformer/